Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Busy Bee, That's Me!

First of all, thanks for all the sweet comments on the last post. Sometimes I think I'm a kook. But I figure if it works, that's OK.

Another crazy week. My last class was on Monday. I have 3 more shifts and then, I'm DONE! (You're going to hear a lot about... 1 more and I'm done talk around here.)

Yesterday, I had a screening interview in Napa. Brian grew up there and we always talk about moving. So I went up there to see if we can make that happen. For a smaller town, the hospital is pretty cutting edge. It's a trauma center and they have a wonderful cardiac service. We'll see what happens. Tomorrow I have the first interview at #1 hospital. So send good vibes my way. You guys seem to be bringing me luck!

Of course, while I was in Napa I had to visit Yarns on First. (can't find a website) It's a cute shop which is organized by color. While I see why this makes sense, it's a little weird to shop if you are looking for a particular yarn in a variety of colors. However, I did manage to score a couple of lovelies!

Colinette Jitterbug- Gauguin

Colinette Jitterbug in Gauguin. It's GORGEOUS!!!! Although the yardage is a little short on this yarn, I just couldn't resist the color.

Colinette Jitterbug- Ginger Cinnabar

Colinette- Ginger Cinnabar. This is the most rich, delicious orange. I'm not usually an orange person but this one is so perfect.

Today, I went to talk at orientation for the new class entering my program. It was so funny to be on the other side of the coin. They were worried about lots of the same things we were when we started. It was so cute. And it made me see how far my class has come. Plus, I guess this means I'm really graduating. It feels pretty surreal at the moment.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Good luck with your interview!! Good vibes...good vibes!! The colinette is bea-u-ti-ful!

7:47 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those colors are gorgeous!! Hard to resist :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Good luck vibes being sent! Love the yarn too.

11:35 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Nice yarns!

I can totally understand what you mean about a yarnshop organized by color, but I bet it looks impressive at least!

4:12 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

We don't give you good luck. You make it yourself, just for being awesome!

Lovely yarns. As always. You *do* have good taste. :)

6:05 AM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Good interview vibes!!!!

Lovely yarn!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

I'm keeping my needles crossed that all of your heart's desires will come true:)

Love the new yarn!

Hmmm Napa sounds pretty cool too--Hey we could go wine tasting and meet up with you out there eh?

10:35 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely yarn like that always brings good vibes....:)
You know what - here's my prediction...I think you'll do great at all interviews, and you'll have to make the grueling decision to choose between hospital #1 and Napa!
And it will be real, just wait until the graduation ceremony!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Good luck vibes headin' your way! Good Luck! Gorgeous yarns.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Amy S said...

Hi, I saw you jitterbug yarn- gauguin. I was wondering where you found it. I am on my second sock and it looks like I am going to need a little more. You're right on the yardage...
Thanks for the help, Amy in FL

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home