Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Toe-riffic!

Remember the freaky toe socks I was knitting? I'm done and they are freakier than ever!

Toe Jazz- All Done

Pattern: Toe Jazz (Ravelry Link)
Needles: KP Options circular size US 2
Yarn: The Painted Sheep Footprints in Maya
Date Started: 1/27/08
Date Finished: 3/31/08
Mods: None. But you gotta see these toes!!

Toe Jazz- Two freaky toes

HAHAHAHAH!!!! I think they are crazy! Although, they do look much better on the foot. Unfortunately, no modeled shot because my feet are about 3 sizes bigger than the recipient's.

A couple of days ago, I was waiting for my friend at carpool listening to the radio in the car with the engine off. Well, I went to start the car and it wouldn't start. A quick jump later and I was back on the road. However, the car has been trying really hard to start the last couple of days. I took it in for a new battery today and, lo and behold, it's my alternator. Suh-weet. Also, my axle boots have ripped open. I'm not sure what those do. But it's apparently bad. So I'm rockin' the gold Taurus rental for tomorrow until the shop can get her back in shape. They're also going to do a full tuneup. Might as well since I'm in this deep. At least I didn't get stuck anywhere. This unfortunate turn of events further necessitates the destash. Coming soon (this weekend?) to a blog near you.

I'll also be flashing my stash another day. The thought of pulling out all that yarn at the moment makes me twitch. But for those on the rav, it's here in all its glory!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger PurlingPirate said...

I made the mistake of clicking on your ravelry stash. GREEN WITH ENVY!! You have an awesome yarn stash!!! And how did you score 3 skeins of wollmeisse??? Lucky Chicken!

Those socks are groovy! I hope we get a model shot!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Those are some freaky socks! But very lovely yarn. Hee-toe-riffic.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ahhh! Those socks ARE freaky-looking! But the colour, oh that colour is gorgeous. And I'm sure they look fantastic on the feet. =)

Your poor car! I know nothing about cars, but it doesn't sound good. I hope the problem will be fixed soon. And you're destashing? Uh-oh. I do covet your stash. Must. Resist.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

OK, they are freaky but also pretty cool. As long as your friend loves them. :)
Ack, sorry to hear about your car troubles. Hopefully you get all the problems fixed.

10:03 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Cool socks! How do they fit?! I'd love to see a modeled shot!

Off to check out the pretty sock stash!!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

OMG I am in heaven in your raverly stash you have some of the prettiest colors of yarn..Those socks are cool I am dying to know how they fit too lol

12:07 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I will refrain from perusing your stash, as I've done it before and walked away GREEN with envy. Maybe I'll get lucky when you destash.

Those toes! Toes!!!!! I love that color but am freaked out by the toes. Very interesting alternation of the rib on top, and c2s on the back of the foot and heel. There is one lucky giftee.

5:17 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hee hee hee! I love the freakout green weirdy socks. They make me giggle in a most delicious way.

Sorry about your car. I just had mine fixed--a few "little things" to the tune of $1200. Ouch. So I know how you feel. I'll be first in line for the destash sale!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Groovy socks! I like the colour and the knitting but not the freaky toe!!! I awill go and peak at your stash now. :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

So Funky! My son thinks they're cool!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO about the car! Not fun!

Those socks look squishy and lovely and I kind of want to come steal them from you right now.

10:15 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Those made me laugh - like mittens for someone with no fingers - too gunny! The cabled backs rock! ugh, cars - good luck with that!

12:52 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Hee, those are awesome! Too funny.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Fun and freaky. I think they'd be freaky to wear too! But way cool. I did the stash-sale for car repairs too this winter. It sucked. Some things were shipped easily, a few hurt! Lots of second thoughts!!!

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home