Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Baby Knits

I finished a baby sweater to ship off with Elijah. This is a great way to use up some sock yarn on something besides socks.

Country Kiddie- Done

Pattern: Country Kiddie by Pixie Purls
Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in Strawberries and Lime- received from Valerie of Shoeless after a blog contest. ETA: Sorry! I cited the wrong Val!
Needles: Addi turbos size 3, 12" circular
Date Started: 4/11/08
Date Finished: 4/14/08
Mods: None- except my gauge is a little tighter than the pattern. (shocker!) So my sweater knit in the 6 months size will probably fit her this summer when it's plenty warm in Texas!

I also heard today that I got 2nd in the sock stash contest over on Yarn4Socks!!! (At least my stash isn't the biggest!)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember sending you this yarn... Maybe you have me confused with someone else? You did win the 2nd place in the contest though, that's true! : )

5:44 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the sweater! Just darling! Wow, can't believe your stash! I've never seen so much!:)

7:09 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

That is a cute sweater the color is great one lucky little girl congrats on coming in 2nd in the sock stash contest

12:48 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oh that is too cute! I have that yarn in the same color to make some socks soon, as a matter of fact. :)

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this little sweater, it's adorable!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Very sweet sweater! I love the colors!
I didn't know there was a sock yarn stash contest - I might have won....it's embarrassing. I need to declare a no-more-buying period, but with Maryland Sheep and Wool in 2 weeks, it's kinda hard....so maybe after that????

12:57 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

That is lovely!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

So very cute! A truly great use for that yarn. :)

P.S. I canNOT believe your sock yarn stash. That's amazing.

P.P.S. Since I'm rolling all my comments into one: I'm too late to wish you well on your exam, but I hope you did well. Your salad is making me hungry. Hmmm, I think I have some goat cheese in my fridge...

11:45 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

What a cute sweater! I want one, too!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home