Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lots of Random

You know you're getting older when you've been out until 3am and STILL wake up at 8:30. This is so not fair. I used to be able to sleep like a champ. Now, I got up and scrubbed the stove. What's happening?!?!?! It was my friend Colleen's birthday last night and she partied like no other. I people watched and drove everyone home in the wee hours. This is a really rare occurrence for me. I'm usually in pj's by 9!

We're enjoying a quiet Sunday at home. Bread is baking. The cats got brushed and then promptly rolled around on the concrete balcony to get dirty again. I'm watching baseball and trying to make a dent in a couple of WIP's. But that's about it. I need to pay bills and watch 3 movies so I can send them back to Netflix tomorrow. Sounds pretty tough, huh?
ETA: 2 movies down- Michael Clayton and Things We Lost in the Fire. Both very good but in very different ways.

I did get an email from my preceptor confirming where and when she works. Phew! I was having a tough time getting a hold of her. And that does not appeal to my organized (anal) nature. It turns out that she is also a clinical instructor. So she's in a teaching mindset which makes me very happy. Starting next weekend I'll be working 12 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday for 4 weeks. Then 1 extra 12 someday and that's it!

And just so there is at least 1 pic in this post...

Rosemary Mint Soap

Rosemary Mint Soap with new Moo card tags. I'm loving the moo cards! I put a line that says Scent: on the back so I can personalize them for any kind of soap I make. Ruth asked me to make 100 bars of soap for her PTA. They give gift bags to teachers at the end of the year. Isn't that nice? I'll have a few extra bars going up in the shop in a couple of days. It's my basic soap recipe with a green clay swirl.

That's it! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Rosemary Mint sounds so good too bad they havent invented scratch & sniff internet yet lol..I am glad you are happy with you schedule change & I have to agree the Moo cards are very cute

2:46 AM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

I'm with you!!! In my pjs at 9!!! Good for you for going out and stretching the boundaries!
12 hour shifts sound tough to me. You are a stronger person than I.
I bet that soap smells crazy good and fresh! What a lovely gift.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

The soap sounds like it smells divine! My cats and dogs do the same thing once they're clean and brushed...ugh!:) Wow 12 hour shifts! Where's the coffee?:)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Your soaps look nice. I hope you got through all your films!

10:04 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

That soap is so yummy! Thanks so much for doing such a big order for me, I know how busy you are!

Hey, it kinda cracked me up when you showed us your stash and you said you put slivers of commercial soap in your bags. That struck me as funny considering the amazing smelling stuff you make. But then, some scents probably attract bugs and who wants to eat Dial??

3:48 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

You might actually prefer 12 hour shifts. Sometimes I do. If I get 3 and then 4 days off. But beware, sometimes 12 turns into 16, etc.....
That's the one question I always ask at interviews - how much mandatory overtime.
Lovely soap - I love the Moo tags!

2:59 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

OH what a simple pretty package that looks earth friendly of course!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home