Friday, April 04, 2008

Just Say No

I should have taken Nancy Reagan's advice this morning when the barista at Starbucks offered me an extra shot of espresso on the house. Instead, I said yes and I'm twitchy as hell as a result. I, the coffee only on weekends type, cannot hold my caffeine. Unfortunately, I have not yet accomplished what needs to happen today. (2 papers to write and a couple of articles to find.)Fortunatly, the kitties have each gotten brushed and bathed, the dishwasher is empty, and I'm caught up on bloglines and email.

The school work HAS to get done today. I want to enjoy the weekend and get some quality movie watching/knitting time in.

Especially since yesterday I went to Half Moon Bay to hang out with my family. My dad and his girlfriend went home today.

Dad at the Beach

That little dot is my Dad.

Djinn

My sister and her husband brought the dog.

Half Moon Bay View

The view from my Dad's hotel room right before we left for dinner at Cafe Gibralter in El Granada. Yum!

I'm sunburned of course. 1/2 my neck is bright red. Don't ask how I accomplished this ridiculous look in only a hour and a half at the beach. Apparently, I'm quite the delicate flower.

Here's my new project... Elijah

Elijah

It doesn't look much like an elephant yet. But it's going to be cute!

7 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like a gorgeous day in half moon bay yesterday! You were on my side of town :) Hope you had fun! Elijah is looking super cute!

4:32 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Okay, Elijah made me giggle - he looks funny - like an unmentionable something:) Or a peanut. Glad you had a great time with your family! Good luck working off the twitchies!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Elijah is so funny...I had the same thought as peaknits! Can't wait to see him done! What beautiful pictures! I can't wait to be up in San Lois Obisipo/Cambria area next week. I'll have to remember the sun block if since you got sunburned! Get crackin' on those papers! Have a great weekend! hugs

7:30 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I like Elijah, and thought of an elephant right away. I am like you, I cannot hold my caffeine...it is a drug of course. They gave it to my daughter in the NICU to stimulate breathing....
My patients don't like it when I come at them with a shaky hand holding a needle either, so I bag the caffeine until after lunch or so, at least when I can eat something substantial!

1:47 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

You elephant is going to be wonderful. I loved the post in honor of your mom. She would be sooooo proud of you. Im sure of it.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The elephant is coming along well. I was thinking of making him for a friend so it will be good to see how you get on.

11:44 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh, Elijah! He's so much fun. Have a good time with him. :)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home