Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm Gonna Knock You Out

Am I dating myself by using LL Cool J? Anyway, I found a new exercise that I LOVE... Can you guess???? Here's a hint...

Boxing Gloves

Kickboxing! (Yes, I picked out lime green boxing gloves.) Seriously, I've never worked so hard and had so much fun in an aerobics class. My friend from school found a martial arts studio that offers "extreme cardio kickboxing." She talked me into going on Saturday at 8:30. Ouch. But I had a blast! I was sweating like crazy and I could barely lift my arms to dry my hair later. But so fun!!! Usually when I'm hurting post exercise, I have no desire to go back. Not this. I went on Monday and tonight. I'm totally hooked. May the fat melt away.

On a side note, Brian asked if they had other classes. I asked him what class he wanted. His reply, "I don't know.... Nunchucks?" Brian + Nunchucks = Brian with lump on head

I'm also going to knock you out with the package I won from Yarn4Socks in the stash contest. It's AMAZING!

yarn4socks prize package

Can you see all the amazingness? A sock pattern, Zero stitchmarkers, a sheep charm bracelet, Della Q project bag, and yarn. Oh yes... there is yarn...

Noro- S120

Noro...

Yarntini- Very Berrytini

and yes... Yarntini. I literally squealed when I opened the box. Thanks Donna and Val!

Last but certainly not least, SplatGirl made me a custom messenger bag. After all, a girl cannot live on backpack alone.

SplatGirl Messenger Bag

She dealt with me changing my mind and sent picture after picture to confirm my choices.

SplatGirl Bag- Interior

Don't you love the lining? The bag is all demure on the outside and super fun on the inside.

SplatGirl Bag- Inside

She even added a key fob at my request so I can clip my badge to it. The interior is the perfect size for wallet, small (non-disposable) water bottle, and knitting project. There's a cell phone pocket on the side for easy access.

SplatGirl Bag- Back

The sewing is impeccable and there are lots of cute details. She has a red one up in her shop right now. Go quick!

Apologies for the excessive use of exclamation points in this post. But you guys should be used to it by now!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

What fabulous wins! The bag is fab, I love bags.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I LOVE those boxing gloves! Almost makes me want to take up cardio kickboxing just so I can have fun gloves like that! =)

Wow, what a great prize package! And your bag, how adorable. I love that bright floral lining.

5:52 AM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

That post is deserving of all the exclamation points!

I always wanted to try kickboxing. Maybe someday, now that I know I can get fun gloves! Ha!

Love your prizes and love your new bag! Fun, fun, fun!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Sounds like kickboxing is an excellent work out. You're prize is great but that bag is fantastic!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What awesome goodies...you lucky dog you!:) Love everything you got...so fun! What a great messenger bag!

Kickboxing is soooooooooo much fun, so is tae bo. I also have done karate...ya gotta earn quite a few belts before you get to play with the numchucks! My hubby still takes karate..too late at night for me! Love the lime green gloves! Have fun!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute bag...I love bags and purses...

9:58 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wow! What an amazing Package! I love the Yarntini and might I say I am a wee bit green with envy...

Naa---I think its wonderful that you won! Congrats on the winnings, on taking on a new sport and on scoring that awesome messenger bag!

I looked at the red bag and its gorgeous! I managed to contain myself. Phew...

10:23 AM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

You got some great things love the purse kickbocking sounds like alot of fun

10:31 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

The prize swag is unbelievable, but the bag, fantabulous! I love the dual nature of design. Gives it that sumpin' special.

11:31 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

That bag looks really awesome...I'm such a bag person. Great yarns too! :)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home