Saturday, April 12, 2008

I meant what I said

And I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful 100%. -Dr. Seuss

He has blue eyes to match the quilt.

Elijah- Done

Pattern: Elijah Elephant by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Silver Beige
Needles: KP Options Size 7 US
Filling: Bamboo Stuffing- Earth friendly!
Date Started: 4/1/08
Date Finished: 4/9/08

This was a very fun and quick knit. His eyes are a little uneven but I think it adds to his charm.

Yarn4Socks has a really neat offer going this year. The first 50 orders they have every month get a knitting charm free. And we all know I LOVE a gift with purchase. At the end of the year you'll have a bracelet full of knitting charms. Really cute idea! Plus, they had a yarn I've been stalking for awhile.

ShiBui- Wasabi

ShiBui Wasabi Sock Yarn. So pretty. It's literally the perfect green.

Here's April's Charm

Sheep Charm

My little sheep came on a silver bracelet. The only bad thing about this is that I'm afraid it'll be a gateway drug toward other knitting related apparel. I'm already stalking this etsy shop for a squeep tee.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Ah Horton Hears A Who! I've read that book at least a million times to my kiddos. :~)
I just placed my first order with Yarn4Socks the other day. They have some great stuff.
You are such an enabler. Now I want a t-shirt! ;~)

9:46 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Aww Elijah is so cute that green yarn is a great color..Love the sheep charm the bracelet is a great idea

9:48 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

He is as cute as can be!

And I must resist the adorable charms. Seriously. Must. Resist.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Elijah is so cute!

And I must resist buying more sock yarn....

11:34 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Loved Horton, even saw the cartoon with my kids recently - kind of new spin on it.
Love your little Elijah - aw! And that charm! Sweet!

5:59 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oh, the little elephant came out so cute! I love his eyes, they're just perfect for his personality. :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

The eyes really give him a great personality! Lovely! The charm is really sweet - I have a stitch marker with that very charm on it!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Your bracelet is going to be awesome. Gorgeous yarn, too!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the elephant! Love the sheep charm bracelet...gotta go check out the site!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That elephant is fantabulous! So cute and most assuredly soft in the Debbie Bliss.

Yummy green shibuiknits!

I love those T's - the Borg reference is right on target when it comes to yarn and knitting!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home