Thursday, April 24, 2008

Get Growing

Remember I told you that everything in my garden dies a quick death? Well, not this year. Check it out. Here's the whole "garden"

Herb Garden as of 4-24

The clear winners are Oregano (in the middle of the rectangular planter) and the spearmint (pot on the ground on the left). The basil (pot on the stand on the left) is just starting to grow. I'm thinking in the heat of summer, we'll be lousy with pesto!

Basil

Basil- It's greener than in this picture.

Oregano

Oregano

Spearmint

Spearmint- funny that the peppermint isn't growing as quickly. Supposedly all mint is quick growing.

My sage is a little anemic. It doesn't help that the cat likes to chew on it. And the rosemary seems to be happy not to get bigger. Then again, it's only April.

I read this article from Jennifer of CraftSanity today. So I went to check out DayDream Glass. It's so pretty! I love that she makes glass rings in her basement. Of course, I had to snag one.

Glass Ring

It's hand blown glass. Pretty neat, huh?

Daydream Glass Ring

The added bonus is that I grew up about 40 minutes from her. Supporting Michigan crafters!

Finally today, I keep forgetting to post the latest installment of the Yarn Pirate Booty Club. Here it is! New yarn base using bamboo, merino, and nylon. Very nice!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Your green thumb is doing wonderfully! Gotta go check out that ring lady! Thats sooooooooooo pretty...love the colors!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Your garden looks great! Now I need to go check out those rings. :~)

Ok, this months YP is enough to make me wish I hadn't cancelled my subscription!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely herbs, basil is one of my favourites. The ring is gorgeous.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That ring is intriguing. It's wonderful the local web Michigan web site has a craft blog. Boston is so deficient, but then again the ravelry creators are from the Boston area.

That sock yarn is lovely. And your herbs. I'm dreaming of a caprese salad with the basil!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I would love to plant some mint (for the mojito factor alone! but am afraid of it taking over my yard.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Jealous of your garden! I have no gumption when it comes to gardening, which is very sad indeed. I love flowers and fresh produce, but I don't love the care of it. :( My hubby does this part. I will preserve it, though!
I love your ring - really gorgeous! And enjoy those boxing gloves! What fun!

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home