Monday, March 17, 2008

Too Cute to Pass Up

When I saw this post on Alicia's blog, I knew I'd make the dish clothes. They are just too cute! And completely functional. I started thinking about Mother's Day gifts. So I'm making 4 for my mother-in-law and 4 for my grandma-in-law. That leaves 2 for me. (I bought a 10 pack of flour sack towels.)

There's only one trick to this.... I've never embroidered anything in my life.

First Embroidery

This is my first attempt. Not too shabby. Sure, some of the lines are wiggly wobbly. But they are definitely nice enough to dry my dishes. (Might as well practice on my 2 first.)

Here's the color combo I picked for mine.

Mine

Embroidery thread and cotton fabric from Joann's for binding. I'm also going to use Alicia's Binding Tutorial as pictures speak 1000 words for me in crafting.

This combo is for Grandma.

Maxine's

This one for mother-in-law.

Lynette's

By omitting the day of the week from the embroidery designs, I can get away with only doing 4 for each person. I'm hoping to get the binding done this week and embroidery can follow as I can watch TV while stitching but not while sewing with my machine.

Last thing- Happy Birthday to my little sis!!!!!! She gets everything green on her birthday- cake, beers, and (since she lives in Chicago) a river. I hope you had a wonderful day!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute are those dishcloths going to be! I love the colors and fabric you picked out!

And its your lucky day too! Check out the blog...you won!! Email me your address so I can send you your prize :) See what a little sunshine and spring break can do!! Yay!

11:15 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Darling little cloths! Enjoy making them - they will make great gifts - lucky in-laws!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

I loved those too, but passed them up because I have never done embroidery. You just may inspire me to give it a go. I absolutely love the color combos you put together. Beautiful!

4:01 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

I love the colors you chose for your towels I bet they will come out great your first try was pretty freaking good if you ask me I can't wait to see how they come out

9:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Wow, that's great fabric! I can't even pick which fabric is my favorite. You have great taste, that's for sure!
I'm sure you will do a lovely job with them. The embroidery looks good on the first one! Please post your FO's when done!

2:54 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

So cute! I think you're doing a great job on it too...love the colors!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I like the red on the roses combo.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home