Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring has Almost Sprung

It's a beautiful day today in Northern California. Just cool enough to wear long sleeves but warm enough to get out and enjoy the day. Spring officially begins tonight. And there are definitely signs of better weather on the way. Yesterday, I went hiking at Lime Ridge Open Space in Concord. My friend Tiffany, her sister, and her sister's friends met me at the trail mouth and we climbed up for a fabulous view of the valley below. I even got a little sunburned! Here's some pictures from the hike. (Sorry about the poor quality. They are from my phone.)

New Flower

Bright yellow flowers blooming everywhere.

Pretty Purples

There are purple ones too. And LOTS of bees!

Lime Ridge Hike

See! Fields of purple ones!

View from the Top

The view from the top. Just over those distant hills is Oakland and Berkeley. I paid for that pretty view with lots of sweat!

I hope there are signs of Spring where you are. And be sure to thank a soldier today for what they do everyday to keep us safe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Morticcia said...

So hopeful your pictures are. It will have to do for me, as we are still weeks away from such inspiring foliage.

Your hike sounded wonderful!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Very pretty view! I see tumbleweeds, dirt, joshua trees, dirt!:)

7:38 AM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your Spring with us. We have a beautiful sunny day here in North Texas! Bring on Spring!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Very nice --See all that hard work paid off---Plus you got some nice exercise:)

It was a bit chilly out here in the city too...

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home