Thursday, March 06, 2008

Knitting Update

I received the last installment of the Scout's Indie Swag Club. (Sign ups for the new year will be Scout's website on March 10) I'm on the fence about re-upping only because I don't really have a lot of money at the moment. And I have an abundance of yarn. So do I really need to buy more without having a job? Probably not. It's a sad situation though because the yarn and swag has been wonderful! I mean, look at this...

Scout's Swag Feb. 08 Package

The yarn is Raspberry Sorbet and a scarf stick from Romi. I'm not the biggest fan of pink. But this is such a pretty and sophisticated pink. I love it!

Here's a close up of the yarn.

Scout's Swag Superwash Merino- Raspberry Sorbet

I finished the back of the Central Park Hoodie. And today I cast on for the left front. I really do think it's going to be too small. But like any good knitter, I'm going to see what happens. HAHA! You can remind me later how silly this is.

I also found a grain CSA and I'm contemplating joining. But I'm not sure we'll use all the flour, pancake mix, and hot cereal. Although, it would be great to have organic local options around for that. Hmmm.... that's the big decision for the day.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Marisol said...

I Love Scout's Swag also and am facing some of the same dilemmas.

The CSA idea is a really good one! I should look into it.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

That's gorgeous. I want to join but I've already spent what I can on clubs. From what I understand this next round is going to be cheaper because it's going to have less swag.

5:20 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is a gorgeous, rich colorway! I can see your dilemna about whether to rejoin or not!

8:04 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

I agree with you on the pinks-this is a sophisticated pink shade and quite lovely. And you are right-the swag looks pretty swag-tastic, I'd say! Luckily I cannot possibly sign up-I did way too much damage at SW and am committed to 3 other clubs! Besides, I probably couldn't get in anyways! I chose not even to read her email about the club!-lol!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Wow, that is a lovely pink. I've never knit with Scout's Swag. It looks to have a tight twist from your pictures, and that's something I like! Yarn clubs - they are tempting. Right now I'm reducing or not signing up for some of the ones I'm in currently. But that decision is hard. I feel like as soon as I quit, they dye some fabulous colorway that I love! UGH!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Pretty yarn, I can never justify yarn clubs though as I can never use all the stash anyway! That club looks so tempting.

5:43 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hey, if you're not so into that pink yarn, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :)

CPH--I thought mine was going to be too small, too. So I made my button bands 2" wide instead of 1" wide. I don't think I mentioned that in my blog post about it. Anyway, that worked pretty well. Of course now I think it's a bit too big! Good luck with yours.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, I'm not re-upping my Scout's Swag membership either (though I only did the 3-month-er). I love her work, but the way she set up her next club just didn't speak to me.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What gorgeous yarn!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am no yarn hoarder, but that sock yarn looks just like the delightful merinos that i love. Wow, I say!

And I miss my CSA from Philly, but it wouldn't be possible with my budget these days in NYC.

6:43 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oooh, love the pretty pink yarn!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home