Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm a Big Lush

Nope. Not talking about drinking. I've cut that back a lot until last night at dinner with my dad. Then the wine always flows freely.

I'm talking about my favorite bath and body store, Lush. After working all day at a health fair, the girls and I had lunch in the new San Francisco Center. Then one of my friends mentioned she wanted to go to Lush. Of course, I jumped at the chance! But I was NOT planning on buying. I'm supposed to be frugal at the moment. But I admit, I'm lousy at being frugal.

Lushies

The spoils... 3 soaps- Ice Blue (already in the shower), Lily Savon, and Alkmaar, An All That Jas bath bomb, An Emperor of Ice Cream Buttercream, and a Squeaky Green solid shampoo.

Lush has always been a green company. But, of course, they are adding a reuseable bag to their line.

Lush Tote

Cute, huh? It has the Lush logo on the other side. Plus, if you bought the bag, you got 10% off. And if you spent $45, you got the Squeaky Green shampoo bar free. I'm such a sucker. Oh well. I love this stuff.

I recently had the good fortune to win a contest over at IrishgirlieKnits's blog. Go and comment on her new Koolhaas!

STR Mediumweight- Pebble Beach

STR Mediumweight in Pebble Beach. It's so pretty. And the colors are right up my ally. Thank you!!

Finally, I finally decided how to finish the baby blanket for my friend who is due in July. I did the fake "ties" that the pattern recommends.

Avalyn's Blanket Done

Here's the front and the back

Avalyn's Blanket- Front and Back

It took no time at all to finish. I can't believe it took me so long to decide how to do it. Silly!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm a big lush too! Love that store! So glad you like the yarn!

How cute did that blanket turn out?! Great job!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh, I love Lush - and I love bath bombs, too. I just wished I like baths more. I mean, I am clean and all, but I usually take showers. Okay, Jo - shut up now...

5:03 PM  
Blogger marirob said...

ooohhh - lush... yummy. i love their bath bombs. enjoy your bath stash!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Lush bath bombs, bubble bars and Silky Underwear. Once in awhile I'll BART over to do a mad dash to their store & buy a few things on my lunch hour.

Cute blanket and congrats again on winning Carrie's contest!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What beautiful, beautiful yarn...love the colors! Wow, never heard of Lush..very cool stuff though!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

We have a Lush 5 minutes away but I haven't ever tried their stuff! I think that I ought to. Love the elephant blanket.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Sadly, we don't have a Lush near us....but there's a mountain in my backyard....
Your blanket is fabulous! I love the prints that you chose, and it's very nicely done!

PS - I just finished reading "The Red Tent." I absolutely loved it. Thanks for the recommendation.

8:20 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

I had a lush bomb once, but it was too strong for my stupid allergies. It was amazing stuff.. blanket is cute and the yarn - what a prize!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Cute blankie! I love the elephants.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Those cute little elephants are so awesome!

Great stash enhancement on the yarn, and on the soaps!

10:28 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oh, that blanket is just too cute! Love the ties.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I love Lush...good thing there isn't one near me o I'd have to go get the bag and "sale" goodies! Fun blanket!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home