Friday, March 14, 2008

I Heart Spring Break

Don't breaks from life always come when you need them the most? Thank goodness for this one! I spent yesterday doing some school work and hanging out with a couple of nursing school friends.

For our mental health class, we had to go to a self help group and do a little write up on it. So we spent an hour at AA. I have to hand it to anyone who is going through recovery. That's got to be a tough road to walk everyday.

As far as productivity, I received my first custom order for 100 bars of soap a while ago and the time has come to get it made! By the way, I couldn't be more excited about this!

Rosemary Mint Soap

This is the soap in the mold. Rosemary mint with a green clay swirl. I think it's going to turn out really well. And the house smells great!

My sister was so sweet and sent me a lovely bouquet to cheer me up after the other day. So I'll leave you with a picture of that. I hope it makes you smile too!

Bad Day Flowers

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that soap is so pretty!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hey that soap really looks nice... I am sure your house does smell pretty delish! Sorry to hear you have been feeling stressed with all the schoolwork and life... You are such a "Super Star" I am sure you will have plenty of offers when the time comes:)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely soap! And the flowers - what a nice surprise, and great sister!

If it's any consolation, when I graduated NS - there were no jobs available, and only 3 people had jobs at the graduation ceremony (I wasn't one of them), but I had a job within 2 weeks. You'll do just fine. I know it's hard to believe now, and the mental health stuff just creeps me out. I would never be able to be a psych nurse!

Anyway, hang in there - it gets better - and I've been living it for over a decade now!

4:59 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Thank goodness for Spring Break!! Right now I'm just glad its Friday!!!

The soap looks so pretty!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Woot! Custom order and a big one too! Congrats.
Beautiful flowers....your sis is such a sweetheart!

9:47 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

mmm, I feel like I can smell your soap right now. The boquet was lovely - it is great when breaks come just when you need them!

I'm not in recovery but worked in a drug/ alcohol halfwway house for awhile - I still the say the Serenity Prayer often! It gives me "the courage to change the things I can..." Take care!
Stacey

6:15 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a beautiful bouquet! How sweet of your sis! I could smell the soap through the net...mmmm!:) Have a great weekend!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm glad you are feeling better - and rosemary mint is my all-time favourite soap smell.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

4:39 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

That soap looks awesome! And such pretty flowers, how nice!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home