Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Bunch of Random Stuff

*Ziploc Zip and Stream bags are magical. Perfect vegetables EVERY time.

*I went on a 2 1/2 hour hike today. We saw a coyote and a deer not too far apart from each other. For a second I was afraid it would go all "wild kingdom" on us. But nothing too scary happened.

*I got my hair cut and colored. It's cute and makes me look a little more alternative. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

*String cheese is such a great snack. It takes time to eat. So you think you're a little fuller than you are. Plus, they come in lowfat versions that are around 80 calories and 6 grams of fat. PERFECT!

*Today, I picked up a bread machine that I bought for $10 on Craig's List. And she threw in a bread recipe book. How nice is that!?!?! Fresh bread, here we come!

*I was supposed to go to the beach tomorrow. But it looks like that's falling apart. So I'm hoping we'll meet for breakfast instead. Maybe another hike. Although, I need to get our taxes sorted out tomorrow too.

*I watched Atonement last night. It was such a beautiful movie. Great casting. It kept to the book well. I just loved it. It might be a purchase. I have Enchanted for this weekend.

*With all this hiking, I lost some weight this week. YAY!

*My kitties love warm laundry more than anything. Maybe even catnip.

*Speaking of catnip, the cats haven't actually eaten my spearmint plant yet. And nothing in the herb garden has died. So far, so good!

*Yes, I have school work. Yes, I'm ignoring it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Good girl, ignoring that school work for a little while. You needed this break! Hey, do you want to come and see my patients today? Everyone else in my house has off, but me...UGH! I'm so over that!
Love the hiking! And the beach - I'm jealous! :) Have a good time!

3:01 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

I totally agree with you on the string cheese...I always forget about it though! I need to get some.

I've been curious lately about bread machines too...I need to find out more about them and see if it would be something I'd like.

5:54 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

GReat Bread Machine pick up. I can almost smell the bread from here. Ive been looking for one at my local thrift shop, no luck. Maybe I'll cragis list it. Enjoy the little break.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, I'm gonna see if I can WATCH Atonement since I couldn't make it through the book. I have it waiting for me at home, courtesy of Netflix.

And string cheese? mmmmmmmmm yummy.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

You'll have to come and hike around my house...coyote every morning! Awesome weight loss, girlie! Oh, how I want the beach...couple weeks, couple weeks, Cambria! AAAH! I love my bread machine...now I'll have to make some. I'll find my favorite honey wheat recipe and send it to ya! MMMMM carbs gotta love them!:) Think I've got the cleaning bug all gone but think I picked up my sons cold bug...ug! Have a Happy Easter weekend!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Bread machines are awesome, and for that price, even better. Yum.

Low fat string cheese rocks. We bought some for our nephew's visit last month and it was nice to have around to bridge the munchie gap.

I am so not ready for Atonement. I think I'm going to go gaga over it and am putting it off. I need to space out my obsessions. Hahaha!

Thanks so much for your encouraging words last week.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home