Saturday, February 23, 2008

An Old Friend

Earlier this week I got a random phone call from a high school friend. She's in town and googled my phone number. At first, I was a little nervous to get together with her. I probably haven't seen her in 4 years and we lead very different lives. She has two lovely children and a grown up house. I have 2 cats and live in a tiny apartment. I'm back in school. She's an accountant with a new job. But we made plans for tonight. I just wasn't sure what we'd talk about. I was even feeling a little anxiety over the meeting as I got ready. Have I gained too much weight? Do I look really old or unstylish? Is she going to regret calling me? Kind of silly thoughts that creep into your mind when you don't know what to expect.

I picked up her and her husband up at their hotel and headed over to a little taco place I know. And we sat and talked for 2 hours as if no time had passed. I LOVE that! We talked about her children, our work, our mutual friends. We even chuckled over our (semi) bad behavior as teenagers. I got to know her husband a little better. And overall, I'm so glad I went. And I think how silly I was being. Actually this is a great opportunity to reconnect with my friends from home. Now I'm so glad she called.

6 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

What a perfect evening cathing up with a friend - I usually never make those calls myself and admire the people that do. :) Glad you had fun!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm glad you could connect with an old friend! We have these 5-year "reunions" for our graduating high school class. They are usually a nightmare, but I think a one-on-one meeting is ever so much better.
I missed your posts! How's school?

4:09 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Glad you had a great time....its fun catching up with old friends. How's school going? Take care of yourself!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Sounds like a great time. Glad it all worked out!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lately I've been meeting up with friends from middle school--from back before we even quite knew "who we were," even, but we're finding so much in common and things to connect about. Glad your time was great!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I hate all that doubt too! Glad your rendevous worked out.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home