Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Vals! Or Thursday... whatever

I suppose I should start today with a lovely red yarn.

STR Lightweight- Mustang Sally

STR- Mustang Sally. I traded another Ravelry user for some Yarn Nerd I wasn't using.
Isn't it pretty? Or, I could show you this one...

Sheepaints- Rambling Rose

Sheepaints in Rambling Rose. I received this one for some Yarn Pirate. It came all the way from Germany and VERY quickly! My trade partner picked it out for me without me even seeing it. Didn't she do a great job?!?!?!

Or, I could show you the new Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment. Click here to see it. This one is destined to be a baby sweater for a friend expecting in July. Funny how without trying, I still had 3 new yarns to show you that are appropriate for today. Maybe my subconscious is telling me I need a little more red in my life!

I have been doing some knitting.

Toe Jazz- 1 done

Here's the first Toe Jazz sock. It looks pretty normal in this picture. But check out the crazy toe!

Toe Jazz- Freaky Toe

Isn't that weird looking? It fits fine when it's on. But it's really funny looking! Can't see? Check out the close up...

Toe Jazz- Weird Toe

HAHAHHA!!! Cracks me up. That's what my friend wants though.

I also went shopping on etsy. Oops!

Crochet Keychain

Check out this awesome keychain! It's a little crochet hook. You know, for when you drop a stitch in morning traffic? Just kidding. Don't knit and drive. Ruth made it and you can get your own here. She has different colors and ships fast. It makes me so happy each time I see it!

Speaking of Etsy... One of my favorite shops had a sale this week. And I could resist this little guy no longer.

Pedro the Penguin

Meet Pedro. Isn't he the cutest? Soto Softies makes adorable stuffed toys. I think Pedro will be a great addition to my Christmas menagerie.

I think that's enough for today. Have a great one! And try to give a little more love to the world everyday.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Oh my - off to buy a crochet hook keychain...

5:43 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute is Pedro! And for a second I thought, yay new car...but really cute crochet hook!!

5:45 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Awesome keychain, what fun!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Allegra said...

there's some serious enabling going on here! i just bought some STR in Mustang Sally and I am very excited now to receive mine after seeing yours. The Sheepaint is gorgeous!

7:33 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Your yarn trades are fabulous - especially that Sheeppaints - good pick indeed! Love your little keychain too!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Love the keychain and the Pedro! He is really cute, and you can leave him "out" for the whole winter! :)
I love Mustang Sally, and Red isn't even one of my faves!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Etsy is great isn't it! I am really not sure about the freaky toe thing with your socks!!! They are nice but the toe....!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That cuteness at the end was almost unbearable. I love that little penguin, as well as the keychain! It really helped me get over being extremely weirded out by the TOE.

Pedro is the best. I love his eye!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do the socks FEEL weird on your feet?

7:08 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Very cute penguin. And lovely yarn, as always. But I have to admit, the toe on that sock is kind of freaking me out.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Love the yarn! I'm off to buy one of those key chains...you enabler. ;)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh my that socks is fabulous! It does crack me up though! Now Pedro is simply adorable and you know what? I might have to run off and get one of those for my DH his first name is Pedro--even though he doesn't use it. It was a riot watching Napoleon Dynamite whenever Pedro would come on or the "Vote for Pedro" slogans:)

Those are some a fabulous yarn trades --I am going to have to get on the bandwagon:)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Pedro is sooo cute...and love the keychain...gotta go get one!:) How does the crazy toe sock feel? Now ya got to do all the toes that way! hahaha so funny!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just ordered one of those keychains! so cute :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Thanks for the link for the mini crochet hook. I am off to get one for me. :)

Congrats on the great Ravelry trade scores. I have been trading too...it is a great way to get yarn with no $$.

3:28 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

I don't know which I'm more jealous of-the awesome keychain or the
Sheepaints in Rambling Rose! Probably the latter, since I think it will be easier to acquire the keychain than that yarn!

7:31 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Thanks for the shoutout with my keychains! I've started making custom-lettered ones too!

I'm absolutely snocked by that sheepaints! Gotta go find some now...

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home