Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fat Tuesday

It's Fat Tuesday and I've been thinking.... I'm chubby too! I'm not religious. But there is a certain appeal to the whole giving up something for a very defined length of time. So the diet starts tomorrow with the start of Lent. Famous last words, right? I think I have a good shot here since I'm also starting a better schedule. (Classes Monday through Wednesday) And I'll have a lot more time during the week to workout and such. Anyway, that's the plan! Something has to happen or I'm really going to be out of pants.

A while back, Ruth was looking for computer speakers. I happen to have a pair and it's no big deal for me to send them her way since I'm not using them. Well, a package showed up in my mail yesterday. And I thought maybe I had bought something and completely forgot. But I've been really good about yarn buying lately and I was actually kind of mad at myself for a second thinking I'd broken one of my rules. Luckily for me, I wasn't drunk shopping. It was a thank you for the speakers from Ruth!

Fearless Fibers- Spellbound

Fearless Fibers
- Spellbound. Isn't the color PERFECT!?!?!?! I love it. And it's 550 yards! Can you say knee-highs???? It's all I can do to keep from winding it and casting on straight away. Thank you so much, Ruth!!!

Last night, I stayed up WAY too late to finish Atonement. So good! It took a while for me to get into it. The descriptive writing is lovely and really sets the stage but I'm an action girl. And not a lot happened for the first 100 or so pages. The story is intense and you really feel for the characters. I would recommend it highly. And now I can go see the movie! I've been holding out to finish the book.

I'm finished with pediatrics. Tomorrow I start mental health and community health. I'm not particularly interested in working in either of these fields. But I think the classes and exposure to them will be really interesting. I mean, it has to be exciting when you're warned not to wear a necklace or scarf to clinical in case someone decides to strangle you. Exciting!

I have today off. But I'm going to school to see a screening of The Business of Being Born. It's Ricki Lake's documentary about giving birth in America. I've heard good thing. I'll let you know tomorrow.

And don't forget to vote!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

The yarn is so gorgeous - bright and lots of depth! Thanks for your thoughts on Atonement - I really want to see the movie, but maybe the book is worth a peek:)

6:04 PM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Ooh, such a pretty color!!! Very nice!

Good to know about the book, I started it and couldn't get into it. Maybe I will try it again and try to stick with it this time!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Fearless Fibers has great colorways, and you gotta love the yardage.
Community Health is not all that bad in some areas. I imagine I wouldn't be doing it in an urban area. Mental health , I can't vouch for that, and if you want a funny story I'd be glad to share it privately....from my school days!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Gorgeous colours in your yarn pressie!
Enjoy your next classes, take it from me, they will be of use in a "normal" hospital enviroment, and that will just be the relatives!!!!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful yarn...what diet are you going to start? I need to just quit eating so much crap...cookies, candy, etc. why, oh why can't these be good for you?:)

7:30 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Thanks again for the speakers - they work great!

Fearless Fibers - great yardage, great colors, great yarn and so reasonably priced it's ridiculous!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That yarn is gorgeous, and the subtle variation will look fabulous knit up, I'm sure.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home