Saturday, February 09, 2008

Classmate Project Roundup

I can see the light at the end of the knitting I promised my classmates! There's something about obligation knitting that I'm not loving. Don't get me wrong, I love knitting for other people. I just feel like I made some promises and now I have to deliver in a timely fashion. And knitting is supposed to be my relaxation. Right now I'm cranking out socks just to be done with them. And what fun is that??? Lesson learned.

All that complaining aside, I finished the Embossed Leaf Socks.

Embossed Leaves Socks- Done

Pattern: Embossed Leaf Socks from Favorite Socks
Yarn: Louet Gems Fingering from The Loopy Ewe- Teal
Needles: KP US 2 (2.75mm) 32" for ML
Date Started: 1/21/08
Date Finished: 2/8/08
Yarn Purchased: 4/7/07- I'm working the stash!
Mods: I tried the cast on in the pattern but the leg opening came out too tight. So I just went back to my regular long tail cast on with a much larger needle. I'm really proud of these. I think they turned out very nicely with a good match between yarn and pattern.

These are for my friend Tiffany who asked for socks when she found out I knit them in September. With these done, there's only 1 classmate knitting project to go.

Toe Jazz- 1st Leg

My friend Jessica wanted socks with a separate toe section so she can wear them with flip flops. The Toe Jazz pattern from Fiber Trends is just the ticket. Today I hope to turn the heel on this first one and head for home!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Skylark said...

Love the color of your sock for Jessica. What yarn and color are you working.

She is very lucky!

12:05 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The embossed leaves are absolutely gorgeous!! My kind of color!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

The embossed leaves are awesome! So, so pretty! You're so good at that! Have a great weekend!

3:41 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

You are a great friend! Love those Embossed Leaves and the pretty cable up the back of the Toe Jazz - nice!

4:07 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Great socks!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm not sure about toe-separator socks, but I love the spring green of the second sock.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I love everything about the Toe Jazz socks excet it's main feature. I don't imagine I'd enjoy a seperate big toe. But the pattern is so cool!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm lovin' your socks! Thsoe teal ones are gorgeous! The green socks look so bright and fresh....how I long for Spring! :)

3:16 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Love those Embossed Leaves! The recipients are going to be pretty darn happy when they rceive them--I know I would be:)

the second pair looks nice too pretty pretty cable work--I can't wait to see the separated toe part--thats alsmost like knitting gloves but for the toes he he...

7:59 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Your socks in the teal are gorgeous!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Both of these socks are a perfect combination of pattern and yarn.

What kind of cast on does the toe jazz use?

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home