Thursday, January 24, 2008

WIP Roundup!

Here's the progress I've made in the last week or so...

Embossed Leaves- In Progress

Embossed Leaf Socks. These are FLYING off the needles. I took this picture this morning and I'm already past the heel and 1/2 way down the foot. I love this pattern. Fun and quick. Plus they are making great socks for my friend Tiffany.

CPH- Back

Here's the back of the Central Park Hoodie. I'm concerned that it's little small but I held it up to a shirt that fits me well and it matches up. So I'm going to knit on faith. I hope that works!

I won a prize from the Sock Stash Elimination Campaign!

New Book

I've been wanting this book for awhile. I'm psyched to dive into it.

Thanks for the advice about knitting for other people. I'm going to finish the "orders" I have so far. (2 pair of socks and a pair of mittens) Then, no more requests. Although, I will offer to teach them how to knit. That seems like the easiest and most efficient solution.

Finally, I'll leave you with a silly cat picture.

Eva Spalunking

We are trying hard not to use our heat this winter. So the cats have learned that burrowing into the duvet really works. This is Eva during her morning nap. I didn't cover her up. She nestled in all on her own. We call it kitty spelunking.

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I love the socks in the solid yarn, colour is fab!

11:37 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Your Embossed Leaves Socks are looking great! I love that pattern too, it's a fun knit. And pretty color!

The hoodie looks fun, can't wait to see it finished.

Hey, we have some kitties that do that too! Great name for it. :)

4:21 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

What a great kitty - ingenuity too! The Embossed Leaves are fabulous - that is one of my favorite patterns - it does just fly! I can't wait to see more of your hoodie!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Great WIPs! The biggest thing with the CHP that I've heard people talk about is that the sleeves run kinda small.
I've been contemplating getting Cat Bordhi's books. Guess its time to go browse the knitting books at B&N.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Love the socks and what a pretty color. I'v been meaning to give that pattern a try I just might soon if they are that fast of a knit... The sweater looks cool too!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I absolutely love the socks. I have the pattern, but haven't tried it yet. I think when you have a pattern similar to this one, it does knit faster! Can't wait to see the completed CPH!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Great socks...you make them sound easy. They don't look easy. And something else that's not easy...New Pathways. But it is a great book. Love mine. Advice to you: Invest in the $6 and get it spiral bound at Kinkos or Staples. There is a lot of page flipping from front to back. It made it so much easier for me.

4:58 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Love the embossed leaves socks! And the Central Park Hoodie! I'm supposed to be doing Twist, but it just ain't happening right now.

I LOVE Cat's new book. She is absolutely a genius!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home