Monday, January 28, 2008

Why is My Nose Runny Again?

Seriously?!?!?! This being sick thing is ridiculous. Suddenly today I got stuffy again. I mean really. It's been a month already. ENOUGH!!!

Also, I can't wait for the Feb. 5th election to be over. Enough about term limits and Indian gaming. Political ads are putting me over the edge! It's every other commercial. Why do they think we can't make up our own minds. So annoying!

Rant over. I have an FO!

Basic Mittens- Done

Pattern: Basic Mittens from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed Aran in Ivy. About a skein and a half
Needles: KP Options size 7
Date Started: 1/25/08
Date Finished: 1/26/08
Mods: I made them longer than the pattern calls for. Hopefully my hands aren't as freakishly big as my head and they'll fit my friend Liz.

I love the look of this yarn but I didn't love knitting it. Maybe it was because I knit at a tighter gauge than called for. But it just didn't seem like it had a lot of give. And the ribbing is not as stretchy as I had hoped. Overall, I'm happy with the outcome. These are a quick knit and came out pretty well for my first mittens.

This week, the first shipment of the 2008 Rockin' Sock Club arrived. This isn't really my color. But I do like it. Maybe this year I'll actually knit one of these patterns. I'm such a sock poseur! Click here to see the yarn.

I have to send a shout out to Julia. I met her on knitty and she loaned me a pattern I've been after for a while. She even dealt with me changing our meeting time last minute. What a sweetheart! I never cease to be amazed by the kindness of knitters!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Tell me about it! I was all set to vote yes on those Indian Gaming agreements, and then they had all those commercials trying to confuse me into thinking it was actually a trick. UGH!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The gloves are great. I know how you feel about the constant ill thing. Never mind, we will have great immunity hopefully!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Knitters are a pretty amazing community! Personally, love the STR, so Valentine-y - I am really not into the holiday so much as I just fuel on pinks and reds - pretty - how about the pattern? Winner?

The mitts are nice - your friend will appreciate them - and remember, no more gift knitting once you have finished your three projects - just want to be supportive:) *lol*

1:22 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm with you on the STR. It isn't my fave either, and comes on the heels of me trying to finish the 700+ yd scarf of red that's bleeding everywhere on my hands....

Love the mitts!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Great mittens! I hope you feel better soon!

5:23 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Very pretty mittens. And I love the STR! Perfect for Valentine's day.

Hope you feel better soon!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

The mitts are lovely! I'm sure the recipient will be very grateful!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Oh, I hate those commercials too! Love the gloves and hope you feel better soon!

6:56 AM  
Blogger uvulabee said...

It was nice to meet you too, and a pleasure to help out a knitter in need!

11:04 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Nice mittens!

I didn't join the Rockin' Sock Club this year, so I peeked at your link. ;) Probably not my color either, but at least their stuff is always nice. Can't wait to see the pattern!

6:05 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

allergies.
that's what I think it is.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home