Saturday, January 12, 2008

Slogging Away

I admit. I'm still not done with my MIL's Christmas scarf. I'm about 1/2 way. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, right? I'm knitting a variation on Wisp out of Malabrigo laceweight.

Wisp Scarf

It's more purple than in the photo. There are alternating sections of garter stitch and fisherman's lace. I think it'll look really good when I open the lace up with blocking. I really hope I'm done by Mother's Day!

I placed an order with The Loopy Ewe that, get this, did not include yarn. Can you believe it???

Mug Front

I had to have one of these travel mugs. So cute!

Mug Back

Free advertising on the back.

Yarn Earrings

Beautiful yarn ball earrings from Designs by Romi. These are so pretty. They look like yarn to me but they aren't so literal that they're kitschy. (Not that I don't love kitsch.)

Yesterday I did a Denver developmental study on my friend's 4 year old twins. They were so cute and super fun to play with. But I had to take a serious nap when they were done with me. They probably ran around the rest of the day without skipping a beat!

12 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Some great goodies from Loopy - nice!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Charlie Chuckles said...

Hi there! Glad I am not the only one who hasn't finished her holiday knitting!

And I also used the 'road to hell..' quote in my blog recently.........but I was talking about my new year's resolutions!!!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Dude I LOVE THESE! Must haves in my book!!!

Its a good thing that the loopy ewe is out of mugs or I'd be all over it:)

In terms of Holiday Knitting I am behind as well. I still have square cake and a shawl that I hope to finish tonight for a good friend. This was a last minute add.

2:34 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That scarf looks beautiful! I haven't finished a sweater for my SIL either...thank goodness she understands!

Love the travel mug! Super cute!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Oh, I'm pea green with envy. ;)
I wanted to get the earrings and coffee mug but resisted.

It's amazing how much energy kids have. I can just imagine what I could get accomplished if I had half the energy.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Keep going with the scarf!! The earings are beautiful.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

That's a great cup! My travel mug recently broke (apparently they *don't* bounce) - I may have to think about that one ;)

2:54 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Pretty scarf! You'll get there eventually, and it'll be gorgeous.

And love the mug!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the earrings and mug...I should of payed more attention to the goodies when I ordered from them last week! So cute!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Ooooo that scarf is looking great. :) That travel mug is adorable and those earrings are the perfect balance. :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely stuff from the EWE. I was going to pop a mug into my order, but then I remembered my DH complaining that we were overflowing with coffee mugs last week.....hmmm.
Lovely scarf!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Very cute travel mug! I'm _sure_ you'll finish that scarf soon(ish) - after all, just touching that malabrigo lace is a reward in itself!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home