Friday, January 04, 2008

I Heart Antibiotics

Today the weather went berzerk! 5 inches of rain and 70 mph winds. 4 semi trucks literally blew over on one of the bridges. Good thing I had no where to go. (except to the Dr. this afternoon.) I was very nervous all day until Brian got home.

The Storm

This is the view from our balcony. You might not be able to tell but it's raining like CRAZY. I even went to let the kitties out on the balcony (which was dry) but Milo was too scared. She ran and hid under the bed. Poor girl! Supposedly today was the worst of it. So hopefully my trip to the hospital in the morning won't be too terrible.

I realized that I didn't show you my Christmas presents from my sister. She went to The Loopy Ewe. She was worried I wouldn't like it but you can't really go wrong on that site!

Rowan KSH- Anthracite

3 skeins of Rowan Kid Silk Haze in Anthracite

And...

Rowan KSH- Hurricane

3 skeins of Rowan Kid Silk Haze in Hurricane

We had to ship our presents back home and they finally got here. Sorry the pictures stink but we already talked about the weather.

Finally, I received the December installment of the Scout's Indie Swag Club. The colorway is here. The swag itself is very cool. I haven't dabbled in that craft yet but I'm curious.

So after a week of feeling really crappy, I went to the dr. today. She promptly diagnosed me with a sinus and ear infection. I was off to Target for mucinex and antibiotics. I was glad she thought antibiotics were the answer. There's some movement toward decreasing the amount prescribed because of their general over use. I just knew that's what I needed. And I'm so happy she thought so too. So I should be feeling better in a couple of days.

For tonight, I'm cuddling up with the kitties and some soup. And try not to think about how early I have to get up.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love the colors of the yarn! I think you are brave to knit with Kidsilk haze...I have a giant fear of frogging that stuff....but it is beautiful! Make sure to post whatever you knit with it! :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oooh, pretty yarn! You have a great sister!

7:23 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oh, and I also meant to say, I hope you feel better soon!

And, I hate weather like that too...all that wind, no thanks!

7:25 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I am so glad your doctor ordered you what you needed - you have suffered quite enough - glad to are on the upswing! What lovely yarn - can't what to hear what you think up to knit with it. Hug the kitties!
I liked the swag a lot this month- very original!

10:58 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That yarn is so pretty!! Great job sis!

Hope you are feeling better soon! I have to say, I was glad to be in Tahoe yesterday in a cabin watching it snow instead of down in the Bay Area with the rain. Glad the rain is gone today!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The scouts swag stuff is nice, and the Rowan yarn will make a beautiful lacy thing. I hope those antibiotics kick in quick for you.

2:34 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Ear infection? What are you - 4?

Just kidding, that sucks! Chicken soup and pillows, that's what I always want when I'm sick. A hot bath usually helps the sinus stuff, too. And fondling yarn, that always makes us feel better, right? Just don't mix the bath and the yarn!

Feel better soon!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home