Thursday, January 31, 2008

Don't Judge

IrishGirlieKnits and Peaknit gave me a You Make My Day Award! How cool is that!

YMMD

And Marisol from Purls Just Want to Have Fun gave me a You Make Me Smile. YAY!!!

YMMS

Thanks, Ladies! Right back at-cha! I'll do my picks in a couple of days.

Yesterday I took my final for peds. I have 2 more days in the hospital and then I'm on to mental health and community. I think those will be fun and really interesting.

I do my booze shopping at a local store that has a "club card." So every once in a while, they send me a coupon for spending x amount of dollars. I thought a post-final shopping spree was in order. We were out of everything. Except apple pucker which never seems to go away!

Here's what I bought...

Liquor

Plus a case of Heineken. We will not need to go back to said liquor store for long, long time. They were having a Super Bowl Sale. So the bigger bottles were cheaper. When Brian saw that I had purchased a handle each of gin and vodka he was a little shocked. There are only 2 of us living here and we generally are a beer/wine family. But a 750 ml of Absolut was $20. The handle (1750 ml) was $22. That's just value shopping people! Same with the gin. So not only am I boozy but I'm frugal. Hate to be a spendy drunk! HAHA!

The best thing happened today. I've been on pins and needles waiting to hear about my preceptorship. This is like a senior project where I slowly take over the job of a real nurse in the area I want think I'd like to work in. Almost everyone I talk to has been hired based on their placement into preceptorship. It's kind of a big deal. I got a call today from the clinical coordinator. She was able to place me in the critical care department at my first choice hospital! I am THRILLED!!!! Sure, it's 12 hour weekend day shifts. But I got exactly what I wanted. Good thing I have supplies for a toast!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

You'll get no judging from me - a little jealous maybe, but not passing judgment! Um, your bozze stash rocks!:)

Congrats on getting what you were hoping for! All of your work is paying off - good karma!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

lol...no judgment from me! Being frugal on the booze leaves more money for yarn. ;)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

You deserve a celebration! Congrats on the preceptorship! I did that 10+ years ago in home health, and I'm finally working there....although, it's harder than one thinks!
You'll do well in critical care - you have the smarts and energy to make it there!

7:23 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats!!! And your alcohol stash looks fabulous!!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats on the preceptorship! Lucky you got what you wanted. You'll love the mental ward stuff...my MA is in psychology...the weirder the better!:) Looks like a party at Nell's house!:)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Well done on the preceptorship! Have a drink to celebrate!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Congratulations on getting the presceptorship you wanted!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wow that is most excellent news! Congragulations!!! I'll drink to that:) May I have a T&T please or better yet some Blue Saphire and Tonic:) Hey there is nothing wrong with being frugal:) I guess your are all set for the super bowl as well:)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Congratulations on the preceptorship!

7:17 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Congrats on your preceptorship!

As for your booze run-hey-liquor keeps, right? It doesn't go bad, so what the heck!

Have a cocktail for me!

6:53 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

PS-make mine a Gin Fizz! Haven't had one of those in a while...though I had a wonderful Pomegranate Mojido last night!

6:54 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Hey, congrats on the position! How exciting!

12:40 PM  
Blogger catherine said...

hi nell! congrats on your placement! wow long time no talk. i didn't know you were reading my blog. it is so nice to hear from you. r u still at Merv? or did you quit to study f/t? hey are u still in dublin? we should get together for lunch or something b4 you start working your 12+ hr days. email me your number! catherinekuo at hotmail dot com :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Congratulations on getting your first choice! I wish you much success and fulfillment!

So now invite me over for a drink or three and let's toast!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home