Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Suprise Compliment

Today, I went to lunch with my carpool buddy- Martha. She gave me a Crazy Creek Chair. I am so psyched!!! I gave her the malabrigo scarf and hat set. She loved them. YAY! The funniest part was when a lady one table over asked me where I had gotten the scarf. HeeHee! I got to proudly say I made that! I've never had that happen. Usually you can totally tell that I knitted it. So I was really surprised. (I'm not trying to boast. I was really surprised.)

I tried to take a picture of my new hair. But self portraits are not my forte apparently. And my cell phone takes small pictures.

Here's the best I could do...

New Hair

I'm so serious about trying to get a decent picture. This was the 25th try!

Silly New Hair

Here I'm being silly. I know you can't really see the difference but I lost 3-4 inches and gained more red. Hopefully I can get a good picture over the holidays.

Sock Monkey PJ's

My new PJ's from Target. I was informed there are matching slippers. Hmmmmm.... I may have to go back into the fray.

I finished Christmas shopping today. Well, I have one more thing to get but I can't pick it up until I'm in Michigan. So I'll still be shopping on Christmas Eve. But that's not too stressful! Thanks to Weezalana for the great idea for my Dad. The automatic wrench from Black and Decker. I think it's a clever twist on a old favorite.

Here are my recent stash enhancements. Warning! The Booty Club picture will be the last one. Don't scroll all the way down if you don't want to see!

Three Irish Girls Adorn- Nora

Three Irish Girls. Adorn Sock yarn in the Nora colorway.

Three Irish Girls Adorn- Adara

The same yarn in the Adara colorway. I really like the combination of colors they use. Very creative and unique.

Finally... The Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment for December...










Yarn Pirate Tencel- Icicle

Merino/Tencel in Icicle. Delish. And perfect for the season!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger rohanknitter said...

That yarn pirate booty leaves me speechless. Soo nice!

7:40 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

It is dangerous to read your blog. That Three Irish Girls yarn is faboo!

8:51 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

What a great compliment indeed - and love the new hair do - very nice! I want your pajamas (I got my three year old the warm rober from Target with the same fabric - darling!). I also am loving that Three Irish girls yarn - more temtation!:) Happy shopping!

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the hair nell!!

7:00 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

How nice to get a compliment like that! That's so cool. :) Fun PJs! Oh--and I have one of those chairs too, they're great!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hey now were sisters (redhead)! Looks great on ya! So hope those pjs are under my tree!:) The slippers are adorable...they look like sock monkey toys! What an awesome compliment about your scarf! Thanks for the wonderful, genius help on the toe ups...you are wonderful a life saver! Thank you, thank you, thank you! They are finally finished! Whoohoo!

11:05 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

OK. SERIOUSLY!!!

I didn't like ANY of the first go round with the Booty club, so I dropped it. NOW she's sending out stuff I would love! Guess I'm not meant to join clubs where I can't pick my own colors....

Your hair looks great!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home