Saturday, December 22, 2007

Only One Left

WARNING! At the end of this post I'll show the December package for the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock club! I'll make it a clickable link (just figured that one out.) But fair warning. Read the rest while you decide whether you want to see or not.

I finished Odessa last night. That means I only have my MIL's scarf to finish and I won't see her until the New Year. And since we're traveling for Christmas, there will be plenty of knitting time! I think I'm going to get it all done!!

Odessa Hat- Done

Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in Onyx. I love Calmer!
Needles: KP Options size 4 for the ribbing and 6 for the rest
Date Started: 12/16/07
Date Finished: 12/21/07
Mods: I left off the beads because 1. my sister probably won't like them and 2. Joann's was a nightmare when I went to buy them.

I'm pretty happy with the hats for my family. I'm still worried that the Shedir for my little sister is too small. But I don't think she'll mind if I have to knit her something else!

I also a winner at Trish's blog contest! Just look at the great package that landed here yesterday!

Package from Trish

A project pouch in perfectly seasonal fabric, knitted scrubby, knitted pouch (filled with chocolate!), and a North Pole dish cloth. But that's not all...

Perchance to Knit- Deep Sea

Perchance to Knit sock yarn in Deep Sea. The label says this is exclusively dyed for The Loopy Ewe. The colors are so up my ally! I love it!

Hide and Sheep- Stitchmarkers

Here's a closeup of the stitch markers. I love this style of marker because they don't hang down into the work very far. So I don't feel like I'm juggling them. Thank you so much, Trish!!!

Finally, the last package of the Rockin' Sock Club came yesterday. Click here to see the colorway. Don't click if you don't want to see! I have to say, this is my favorite so far. And I'm psyched to be in for next year as well. (Because we all know I need more sock yarn!)

I'm traveling tomorrow and for the next little bit. We have someone coming to stay with the cats. (In case you were planning to raid my stash!) I'll try to blog from my Dad's crappy dial up. But no promises.

Have a wonderful holiday!!!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo! I got my STR yesterday too, but my buddy in SF hadn't yet.

Hope you have a safe trip and happy holidays!

12:11 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

The hat is fabulous - another one to add to my queue. You are so lucky - great prize package - love the yarn! And the spoiler for STR - yay! I haven't gotten mine because I think my maillady is the laziest ever. She often writes "attempted" on the boxes and takes them back to the post office - when I am home!? WTF. Anyways - it is pretty - can't wait to see the pattern too. I'm bailing out on the club for next year but this is my favorite so far too:)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Glad you liked it! Odessa came out lovely and the STR is drool worthy.

Have a great trip!

2:53 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Great hat! Very pretty color, too.
You got a great prize there and the STR is gorgeous!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home