Monday, December 31, 2007

I had grand plans for this post

I did. I was going to write all about my Christmas vacation. And how everyone traded hats until they found one that fit. (except that Shedir. No one's head is that small.) I was going to recap this year in knitting, stash, and maybe even aspirations for 2008.

But I'm just plain wiped out. I haven't been this sick for this long in probably 10 years. I'm pretty amazed by the whole thing. Even my teeth and jaw seem to be sore from trying to pop my ears. Thank goodness I got that flu shot, huh?

But I didn't want this year to end without thanking you who read my blathering. I'm grateful that I have a community to share my knitting where I don't feel the need to censor myself. I get more inspiration from you all than you will ever know. So for that, I am profoundly thankful.

Hopefully, I will make it the 52 minutes until midnight here on the west coast without my nose falling off from tissue chafing. I hope the celebration is much more lively wherever you are. And I wish you all the best for a blessed 2008.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

At least you made it to midnight!:) 10pm we said our Happy New Years and hit the hay! Have some good ol' chicken soup, cuddle up on the couch, watch the Rose Parade with a cup of tea and hope you feel better soon! Glad to have you back! Hugs!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Happy New Year! Hope you feel better soon.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. You poor thing. Feel better soon, get lots of rest, and you'll be up and at 'em before you know it.

As for NYE? Yeah, I was asleep by 10:30. I'm such a party animal. ;)

7:06 AM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Happy New Year!
Feel better soon.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Happy New Year Nell! Hope you start feeling better soon.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Happy New Year! I made it to midnight, but just barely! I had been up since 5:30am, with no restorative naps involved. Playing volleyball at our local gym until 11:15pm might have helped fuel some of it! :)
Hope you're feeling better soon....

11:25 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Aw yuk. I hope you feel better soon. x

1:12 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy New Year!! Hope you are feeling better very very soon!!

Probably best not to see any pretty pictures of your sock stash or even mention it...I'm trying to be good for awhile and your blog is too pretty and too tempting :) but I certainly enjoy reading it!!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Happy New Year! I hope you're feeling better by now.

I've been ogling your hats over the past few weeks and as a result I may take up one (or all?) of the patterns you made for gifts this holiday. It'll be good to know the shedir may run small, or just be inflexible due to the cabling.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home