Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Flurry of FO's

OK- Really, there are only two FO's for today. I just wanted to get a snow reference in since we don't have any.

First up, the Child's Placket Neck Sweater. This was knit from the frogged Baby Surprise Jacket that really surprised me with its hideousness!

Child's Placket Sweater- Done

Pattern:
Child's Placket Neck Sweater from LMKG
Yarn: Royale Hare Sock yarn in Bloomfield Blues
Needles: Size 5 Addi Turbos
Date Started: 12/13/07
Date Finished: 12/16/07
Mods: Not really. I probably won't add the beads that are supposed to look like buttons. I like the split neck look the sweater has without them.

Child's Placket Sweater for Susan

I love how this turned out. The yarn did a nice stripy effect. And the pattern was easy to follow and knit in the round for minimal seaming. YAY! The yarn is very soft but it did do this to my fingers.

Blue Fingers

Trust me, they are a LOT bluer than this picture shows. Good thing I don't have to work for awhile. No one wants a nurse who looks like she has smurf disease!

Here's the Koolhaas Revised...

Koolhaas Revised

Pattern: Koolhaas Hat from IK Holiday 2007
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Salt & Pepper
Needles: Size 7 KP Options Magic loop style
Date Started: 11/25/07
Date Finished: 11/26/07 then revised to 12/16/07
Mods: Because of my family's giant heads, I added 2 pattern repeats. That's why the hat looks so long and thin. But it looks really cute on. Not like a cone head.

I'm casting on for Odessa tonight. No beads. I decided my sister won't like it.

Hope you are all keeping warm!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

You can have some of our snow - we are at about 12 inches and counting. Of course if I have to take them by sled to school and daycare tomorrow I will, cause I am so tired of my gurlz. Gorgeous Koolhaas!

3:57 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

What a pair of gorgeous FO - love the blues! The sweater is so vibrant - and the hat is a great gift - lucky family!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Beautiful sweater. I had a skein of Cherry Tree Hill that did that to my hands and a pair of bamboo dpns.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love the way the dark blue swirls around and around. Did you wash the sweater? OI knit a pair of red hemps socks that lft my hands (and bamboo needles!) red as well.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

The sweater is very nice and I like it without the buttons.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Most babies don't have necks (okay, maybe just mine didn't...) so who would want to button up the placket anyway? Cute, cute, cute!

Beautiful knitting on your Koolhaas!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Love the sweater and hat! I hate bleeding yarn. I have some red yarn that is bleeding all over me right now....it looks pretty anemic!
Did you score at TLE last night?

4:45 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

Thanks Nell - I just loved her enough to get her better. She is back (almost) to her terrorizing ways. I am happy.

6:39 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Great sweater and hat! They came out great, nicely done.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home