Sunday, November 25, 2007

You Should Have Warned Me

What was I thinking???? I thought I could knit 2 Shedir hats before Christmas. Have you seen the cables on that thing???? Why didn't you save me from myself? I'm in serious cable overload.

I just finished the first and, although I love the result, I will be rethinking the pattern I use for my other sister's hat. Maybe Odessa? Maybe a plain ribbed cap.

Shedir- Done

Pattern: Shedir from Knitty.com
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in Calmer
Needles: KP classic circular in US 3
Date Started: 11/14/07
Date Finished: 11/25/07
Mods: None- Although I could/should have done an extra pattern repeat. This fits me like a beanie. Hopefully, my little sister's head is smaller than mine and it hugs her ears a little tighter.

Shedir Top

This is my favorite part of this hat. I love how it looks like a snowflake on the top. Perfect for Christmas.

OK- I'm off to cast on for Koolhaas.

Although I really should be doing school work.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Shedir may be time-consuming, but yours turned out really great! Your sister is a lucky girl!

Complicated as it is though, both times I've knit this hat I found the cable pattern to be strangely addictive and as a result finished in far less time than originally anticipated. =)

4:57 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow - this hat is fabulous - totally on the to do list. I need to meet more people who wear darling hats! The Koolhaas is a wonderful knit as well - enjoy it!

5:22 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

What a beautiful hat - time consuming or not it is great!!!. And now you are going to do Koolhaas. So jealous, they don't let me wear a hat indoors at work and curly hair gets decidedly flat - perhaps I have to cut it all off. I may have to make it anyways. I want to make them both!!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

It came out great! That's a lot of cables. :~)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

It's beautiful! Why can't you knit another before Christmas?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Your Shedir is beautiful. I love the colour!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

The Shedir is absolutely beautiful! I could so see it done in bright red..the top to me looks like a poinsettia! I got to make one of these...ooh and I think I have some red cascade!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Shedir is gorgeous!

And your other 2 hats sound like they will be great too. Will you do Odessa w/beads or without?

6:23 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Beautiful!

I recommend Odessa. It was fun and quick.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm so lovin' this hat - it's beautiful! The color you picked is just gorgeous! I love the top too! You're doing great on the whole Christmas knitting....me, well, I just keep plugging away...
:)

1:17 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the color!

I have to agree on the holiday knitting! Someone should warn me now too...but oh well.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

So. Gorgeous. Love the color, love everything about it.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Wow! It may have taken a long time, but it was worth it! You're so busting out the Christmas knits - good job!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That hat is gorgeous. The color is fabulous too and shows off the cabling wonderfully.

10:00 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Wow, beautiful hat! You're really making some gorgeous gift hats, very nice! :)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

The top of that hat really is amazing. It looks great

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home