Friday, November 16, 2007

Sit Down and Get Comfortable

Because I have a lot to say today.

First of all, thank you so much for the nice compliments on the baby sweater! Hopefully when the family gets it, I'll get a picture of the baby in it.

I've also contracted a wicked case of knitting ADD. Suddenly, I'm feverishly knitting for Christmas. I know I'm totally deluded that this is going to work out. But I have faith. Here's the Christmas List...

1. Martha's already got a scarf. But there's a lot of Malabrigo left in the second ball I had to buy. So I thought a matching hat would be great.

Martha's Chunky Hat

There will be cables and ribs.

2. Two sisters. Two Shedir hats. Plus single balls of Calmer were 35% off at Article Pract.

For my little sis, icy blue. I cast this on yesterday on the train to the dentist.

Abby's Shedir

Big sis will want something a little more serious. How about black?

Rowan Calmer- Onyx

3. Brother-in-law should get a hat too. Plus it gives me an excuse to knit the Koolhaas.

Berroco Ultra Alpaca- Salt & Pepper

I had my hands on the super soft yak down. But I settled for the Ultra Alpaca. There was a $24 difference in price. The budget won this round.

4. Some kind of Farmer's Market bag for little sis who is really into the slow food movement.

Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece- Barn Red

Bright red Cotton Fleece looked like just the thing.

5. Finally for Christmas will be a lace scarf from the Malabrigo lace weight for my mother-in-law. I'm sort of making up the pattern as I go along. So we'll see how that goes.


I have a few other things on the needles too.

My friend from school Susan finally told our class that she is expecting a little boy. I've known for awhile. Here's the Baby Surprise Jacket I started for her.

BSJ for Susan's Son

It's in Royale Hare sock yarn.

I also cast on the second Anastasia sock on the train yesterday. (it was a long ride.)

Anastascia Sock- #2

Add that to the Kusha Kusha Scarf and the Strangling Lace Scarf and I have way more projects than I should. Good thing I have all next week off. And this does mean that a steady parade of FO's should be coming soon to a blog near you.

After the dentist yesterday I noticed that they had put in a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Yummy! I promised myself a hot beverage and a treat if I didn't have any dental issues. Luckily, I got to buy this...

Lavender Mint Tea

It smells divine. I'm going to jump in this afternoon.

Last but not least, I was inspired by reading this post to clean up my cleaning routine. I've also been watching too much Oprah. I went to the Shaklee company and bought their starter kit.

Shaklee Revolution

So far, I love it. I may not stick to their products because they are pricey. But I'll definitely shy away from the more toxic "cleaning" methods that I used to use. If you have cleaning tips, I'd love to hear them.

As I said, I have all next week off. (Except I have to write a paper or two. But they're easy.) I'm so excited. There's always lots to do around here. But for now, knitting has to come first!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Carry said...

I like me some plain old baking soda. Cheap, non toxic and doesn' smell! :) When cleaning things like drains and sinks I add a bit of vinegar after dumping some soda...it's a good "unclogger"

1:19 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

You have been busy!
I'm with sparkles....baking soda and vinegar are always handy. Lemon or orange rinds in the garbage disposal will help keep it clean and smelling great. :~)

1:54 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

I've had good luck with the Mrs. Meyer's line of products. I've used the all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner and hand soap. Moderately priced and they really work well!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, you're going to be busy the next couple of weeks! I don't make things for my family because they don't appreciate the TIME it takes to make things...plus they don't see the difference between red heart and alpaca...do make things for my son/hubby but other than that...How funny I bought tea yesterday too! Must be on the same wave length!:)

5:29 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Holiday knitting galore! You are a bit more organized than me (I think I'm still in denial). I know what I'm knitting, just not with what yarns, etc.

I think you can do it though! Enjoy your hard-earned vacation!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Well, I thought my Christmas knitting list was long,...you might have beat me! The thing is, I know you'll complete yours. I'm a little worried about mine! :)
Good luck with the papers - I always thought they were easier too, compared to some of the tests....

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home