Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good Mail Day

Do you ever get a package that's so pretty you kind of hate to open it? I did yesterday. Check this out...

Freckled Nest- Package

It's my custom tote from Freckled Nest in that pretty blue paper. It's almost too cute to ruin by opening. Almost.

Freckled Nest Tote

This is my new custom knitting tote. I bought it for myself for my birthday in September. Since it's hand made, they take a while to produce.

Freckled Nest Tote Side

This bag is seriously heavy duty. It's really thick canvas and the pockets are stitched on very securely. Even Eva is taking a peek. Here's the best part...

Freckled Nest Close Up

I asked Leigh-Ann for a bird and my initials. I gave her really rough parameters and she came up with this awesome customized patch. The bird's eye is a little sparkly bead. She has all kinds of designs- skulls, cupcakes, etc. It turned out better than I could have hoped. Thanks, Freckled Nest!

I also got a package from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

STR Lightweight- Gingerbread Dude

I've been wanted Gingerbread Dude for a couple of years now. Isn't he perfect for Christmas!

STR Lightweight- Rook-y

This is Rook-y. One of the raven series. It's hard to see how pretty it is in the picture. It's black with green, teal, and purple. To me, it kind of looks like oil in water puddles in a parking lot. That's not the most flattering description. But the colors just shimmer and shine through the black. I love it.

Finally, I may have crossed a line here.

Sheep to Shoe- Korppi

It's a Sheep to Shoe kit in Korppi. Black and purple and so amazingly soft.

And, no, I don't spin. Why do you ask?

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

That bag is so awesome. I am going now to check out her shop!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Love the bag! I'm heading out to check out her shop.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Leigh-Ann said...

:) Glad you like it so much!!
Thanks!!!
Leigh-Ann
FreckledNest.com

1:16 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Oh, come get in line with me - I saved you a spot. We'll be spinners soon! You can bet on it! Also love the bag, I need to check out these little gems too - you had me at the wrap job!

2:20 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is a fantastic mail day! Love the bag and I love the STR colors!! Rook-y is soooooo pretty!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

LOL! I was eyeing those sheep to shoe kits a few weeks back myself. Can't wait to see how you do!

Love the bag and the stash!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the bag & STR goodies! The more I see Rook-y, the more I like it.

As for that gorgeous roving, are you going down that slippery path?

1:32 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Cute bag! I love the embroidery.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the bag...guess where I'm off to next!
OH I want that yarn too. How awesome! I'm even going to make gingerbread cookies today or tomorrow. Yup gotta use the mixer! Hope school is going good...keep up the great work! Where do you get the str?

7:08 AM  
Blogger Marisa said...

This tote is super cute! I'm going to need one of these soon!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

That bag is amazing. I am off to check out her shop. :)

Oh, and good luck with spinning. Hahahaha

10:04 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

What and awesome bag! Must have it. You are so great at finding these awesome etsy deals... I was also lost in love at awesome wrap job:)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home