Saturday, November 24, 2007

Getting It Done

I cast off last night for the fastest Christmas project I've ever knit.

Elisa's Nest Tote- Done

Farmer's Market Bag for Abby
Pattern: Elisa's Nest Tote
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Barn Red
Needles: Addi Turbos size 9 US
Mods: There are supposed to be 2 handles. But I stopped reading the pattern. So the one shoulder strap is now a design element. I'm also a little bummed about the size. The one I made is much smaller than the one on the pattern page. Oh well. What do you want in a day's knitting? Next time, I'll knit this in the round too. The pattern calls for crocheted seeming. And I'm not exactly adept at that.
Date Started: 11/22/07
Date Finished: 11/23/07

I stayed far far away from any stores yesterday. But the yarn still came to me!

Yarn Pirate BFL- Solstice

Yarn Pirate BFL in Solstice. This is the November edition of the Booty Club. I love this yarn. The colors work so well with the yarn. It's nice and soft. Love it.

Like I said, I've been laying low. I watched Shrek 3, Hairspray, and TONS of football. Did you see the LSU game? 3 or 4 OT's. That was crazy! Hope you all are enjoying this weekend. And, if you're shopping, I hope your sanity is intact!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Love the bag - in spite of the differences! I couldn't tear myself away from the LSU game - they were so defeated - poor guys! But yay for Arkansas - unranked - wow, must have felt pretty awesome!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

You mean the ARKANSAS game, right? Thought so..... whoooo pig sooie!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I stayed far far away from the stores yesterday. They had some 400+ people waiting in line at JcPenny's here in town....crazy!
The kiddo has already played Shrek 3 a half dozen times. :~)
Love the bag!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Nea said...

Nice job on the bag, you've given me hope.

9:28 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Glad you are enjoying your break!! The bag looks fantastic!

And I love love love this months booty club yarn :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Your bag is good, I like the one starp idea.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love the yarn...so pretty. Was Hairspray good? I've got to rent it. You couldn't get me close to a store this whole weekend...ugh...unless of course it was a yarn store!:) Love the red of the bag too and like the one handle idea!

9:15 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

Yarn Pirate spoiler!!!!!!!!
This is the first one I've viewed early. you forgot to warn me...

10:29 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Oh, sure. NOW she's sending out colors I'd love to have!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home