Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This Little Piggie Came to My House

A week or so ago, I won a contest on Mari's Blog. She agreed to make me a little piggie from her lovely collection of Japanese fabrics. Yesterday, you can imagine how excited I was when I got home and a box was at my door.

Inside was the pig and a sweet note telling me Mari had been nice enough to read about me on my blog. She went on to say that she was including some sock yarn because she noticed I love sock yarn and hadn't tried this brand. Isn't that cool?!?!?!

Nature's Palette- Zinfandel

Nature's Palette in Zinfandel. As you know, my camera refuses to take accurate pictures of purple. The yarn is actually a little more earthy than this shows. Its color comes from natural dyes and the depth of color is so pretty. Plus, it's squishy soft. And I love that so much!

Name that Piggie!

And here's my sweet little piggie. He's super, super cute. I love him! Thank you so much, Mari! I love the package. You're so thoughtful and the pig is too cute.

I also found out today that I'm a runner up on Sarah's Blog. And she is nice enough to be sending me a little something. So I think it's time to pay it forward with a little contest of my own!!!!

So here it is.... You'll have until midnight Pacific time on Sunday (10/7) to give my sweet new piggie a name. I'll pick my favorite and the winner will get enough sock yarn to knit a pair of socks. You'll get a pick of colors and maybe brand but the final skein will be a surprise. You can comment here or email me at nelltjeATgmailDOTcom. Good Luck!

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

What a sweet little pig, and some sweet sock yarn. How about Clementine?

6:08 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Awesome prizes - you are so lucky! Hmmm, piggy name...Penelope?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Nea said...

Very cute pig. What about Persimmon?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

He looks like a Mr Pigglesworth. Unless it is a girl then it is Ms. Pigglesworth. :-) Too cute!!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since she is tweed, i imagine her to be like coco chanel and need a sophisticated name...

Bella (Piggy)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

well done on your wins! How about twiggy, tweedy piggy!

11:54 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hmm, he looks like a Wendell to me. He's damn cute, that's for sure.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think his name should be Bertie.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

definitely a georgia!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

Your new piggy is darn cute! Love the sock yarn too.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oobles, I think that is wee piggy's name!

7:34 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

hmm, i'm gonna go with Petey.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

What a sweet little piggy. I think his name should be Bosley.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Penelope or Petunia or if it's boy, Guiness.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Wilson - what a sweel pig!

4:57 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Great prizes. How about Purl? I tried to ingnore some of the more obvious choices like Wilbur and Babe :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Cool Prizes! Piggys name: Hammy! Tink!(knit spelled backwards)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Such a cute little pig! He looks a bit like a Percival to me....

10:14 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

He's a very formal looking pig, so his name should be Theodore S. Twillington

7:27 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

What a cute pig! I heard a name today that just screamed cute handmade pig to me: Horace!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home