Friday, October 05, 2007

Stripey Goodness

Sure I started these in May. But I'm counting them for Socktoberfest!

Yikes Stripes- On Blockers

Yarn: Vesper Sock Yarn from Knitterly Things in Astro
Needles: Addi Turbo Lace in US 1, 2.5 mm
Pattern: Universal Toe Up from Knitty.com
Date Started: 5/12/07
Date Finished: 10/4/07- What? It doesn't take you 5 months to knit a plain sock????
This was my first attempt at magic loop. I like it. I'm not a complete convert but I did like it.

Here's more pics...

Yikes Stripes- Matched up

Yikes Stripes- Short Rows

I love the Vesper Sock yarn. I know it sells out super quick. But it's totally worth it if you can get your hands on some. She's great at the self striping. I gave them a dunk in some Eucalan and there was no color run off at all.

I got another package today. (I wasn't sure the post office would deliver on my Sunday! HAHA!) I ordered from Yarn4Socks earlier this week because they had some awesome artists of the month.

Phoenix Fiberworks Fetish- Briar Rose

Phoenix Fiberworks Fetish in Briar Rose. I think this will make a great baby sweater or hat. It's squishy and soft and fabulous.

Whorled Peace- Melba

Whorled Peace in Melba- I love how the orange mixes with the raspberry. I just want to lick it!

I realize that I'm not supposed to be buying yarn. I have no excuse. And I'll try to do better in the future. (But not the near future because there are more boxes on the way.)

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Definately count them for Socktoberfest! They are fabulous! Look how those stripes match up!

And since its Socktoberfest... maybe its okay to buy a little yarn? It is a celebration, isn't it?!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I know how you feel....yarn keeps jumping into my cart. Thanks to Ravelry I now have a bunch of Cascade 220 coming in.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Nea said...

I can hardly believe how closely those socks match, hmm I may have to try this Vesper sock yarn.

12:34 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

The socks are fabulous! You may have inspired me to try the ML - fun to shake it up once in awhile! Your yarn is also fabulous! I am trying to diet - well, sorta - but if I see some Madelinetosh, all bets are off.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Those look great, I love me nice self-striping yarn. Did you dunk the yarn in Eucalan before knitting, or after the socks were knit to help with the dye running?

6:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Vesper Astros came out awesome! Of course they count for Soctoberfest. How did you like knitting with it?

And that Phoenix Fiberworks Briar Rose is gorgeous. I had been debating getting this color.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love the stripy socks!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Those socks are so cute - I am amazed at how you got the, to synch up so well.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks look great, and so do your skeins of yarn you received. I bet they will knit into awesome socks!

3:30 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Great job on the socks! You matched those stripes up PERFECTLY!

2:10 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Pretty sockies! Did you match the stripes on purpose, or did it just work out that way?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

These are my favorite striped socks! I love the colors.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

That yarn does look yummy!
Trying hard to resistthe urge to go look at some more...

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home