Tuesday, October 30, 2007

One Cable for Christmas

I ran out of yarn last weekend on this project. Luckily, my LYS had a skein in the same color. It's not the same dyelot but I don't think you can tell.

One Cable Scarf- Done

Yarn: 1.5 skeins Malabrigo Worsted in Continental Blue
Pattern: One Cable Scarf from One Skein
Needles: Daisy Straights in US size 10
Date Started: 9/15/07
Date Finished: 10/29/07
Mods: When I started the scarf according to the pattern, I thought it was a little narrow. So I added 2 extra ribs. And, thanks to you guys, I think 70" is about the right length. It hangs to my waist if I wrap it once around my neck. I think that'll be just fine.

I love this scarf and I hope the recipient will too. It's so soft and cuddley.

Of course, I got some packages in the mail too.

First up, from Sock Pixie.

Sock Pixie- Stormy Seas

Stormy Seas

Sock Pixie- Raspberry Cheesecake

Raspberry Cheesecake

Sock Pixie- Iris Garden

Iris Garden

OK- Here's the deal. I ordered this yarn on October first. I paid the bill the same day. For about a month, I haven't heard a peep from Sock Pixie. I emailed her twice and never got a response. My yarn arrived yesterday in a nice package but without a note, invoice, or even ball bands. Needless-to-say, I'm not thrilled with the service. But I am thrilled with the yarn. It's soft, smooth, and the colors are so gorgeous. Please don't take it that I'm slamming this business. That's not the case. I know it takes time to dye yarn and this business is probably a very popular one. I've also had a time or two when I wasn't on top of my emails or orders. I just wish I had gotten a confirmation of my order or some little note that acknowledged she was working on it. Trust me. The quality of the yarn more than makes up for it!

Finally, my October Rockin' Sock Club package came...

STR Lightweight- Lenore

STR Lightweight in Lenore. Black with deep purple highlights. Even plastic spiders to make it super creepy!!!

Also in the package was a pattern written by the incomparable Yarn Harlot! Very cool.

I don't have class this week but I have more than a week's worth of work to do. So I'm off to study for ACLS. Really fun, I know.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, busy she be or not. You always tell someone what's going on witht heir order, especially after they've paid. If you haven't paid and are just sending her a bunch of emails..i can see her taking her time to get back to you. But when you've dropped money..and at 22$ a pop that a good amount to drop, you'd better be answering me even if you're sick as a dog. or if the universe is trying tot ake you out like it was doing to me this weekend.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The scarf came out gorgeous!
Love the colors but you should have received some type of confirmation. Plus to get yarn without tag/ballband to show exactly what it is, color and care instructions. Yarn has a tendency to sit in my stash for months before I take it out to knit with it. There's no way I'd remember all the info without a tag.

12:50 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oooo...that STR is really pretty. The scarf cam out nice too, can't see the different dyelots from here!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooh - love the scarf - I love Malabrigo and can just imagine how cuddley it is! Also loving that Raspberry Cheesecake - I would also be turned off by the lack of communication:(

4:04 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the scarf!!! And the new STR colorway!!

I got two of the three Sock Pixie colors you ordered back in June maybe? We so have the same taste. I'm curious how she is handling maybe becoming more popular/well heard of...because back when I ordered my yarn (via email because the automatic order didn't work right) she emailed and sent an invoice that day and I received the yarn within maybe 3-4 days. And she even commented on my blog about it. Sorry to hear that the customer service wasn't the same (hope they figure that out because the yarn is gorgeous and super soft too!).

4:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The scarf is great. Th enew yarn looks lovely but It would put me off ordering again with no communication.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I love the scarf and ever since seeing a cable sided scarf somewhere, I don't remember where, I've been dying to incorporate it into a project but haven't.

Did you have to block that scarf? Does the cable side curl in at all?

Lovely!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

That Sock Pixie yarn is really gorgeous! It stinks that there was a communication breakdown (yarn panic!), but the prettiness takes out some of the burn (hopefully).

The scarf is really lovely too - I might have to go fondle my malabrigo now...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love your scarf! Wonderful color! Too bad about the Sock Pixie! I don't know anything about her yarn, but it sure looks gorgeous!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home