Thursday, October 18, 2007

I May Actually Drown in Yarn

I had a great time in Napa with my Dad. Good wine was tasted and great food was eaten. And I'm pretty sure I gained about 5 pounds. I'm a little scared to look...

There were a LOT of deliveries this past week while I was gone. Oops, now Brian knows more about the yarn problem I have. So let's get right to it!

Zen Garden BFL- Blue Ice

Zen String
Lotus Toes in Blue Ice. I was a runner up on Not Scarlett's blog. And she sent me this great yarn. How nice is that???? I think this is about perfect for my friend who is having a little boy.

Yarn Pirate- Fig & Honey

Yarn Pirate in Fig & Honey- I'm really loving these Fall colors. So rich and luscious!

Yarn Pirate- Cicada

Yarn Pirate in Cicada.

Yarn Pirate- Brown Sugar

Yarn Pirate in Brown Sugar. These will turn into Fratello Socks I think. I love Yarn Pirate. And these three skeins are no exception. Georgia is a color genius.

Finally, my long awaited Wollmeise delivery...

Wollmeise- Rhubarber

Rhubarber in medium intensity. I was afraid this would be too light but I love it.

Wollmeise- Poison #5

Poison #5 in dark intensity. I hope you can see the purple in the black of this picture. This yarn has a really different spin than I have seen. It's a lot smoother and less fluffy than many sock yarns. I'm so excited to knit this up. Too many projects floating in my head!!!!

I also got a box full of needles from Knit Picks. I love my Options and I decided to complete my set and get some more magic loop needles. This means I'll probably be destashing some old needles soon. (hopefully, tomorrow)

Sorry for the delay in posting. I feel like I haven't gotten a moment to myself in about a week. But now I'm back and I hope to finish one of my Anastasia socks today or tomorrow.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

You have chosen some lovely yarns, the Poison one is my favourite!

11:50 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Ooo, I must agree. That Poison #5 is really nice. Don't you just love the Wollmeise yarn? I just got the Fratello kit. Now I want more more more!

12:31 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

It's all gorgeous. I may have to lick the screen.

12:54 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I will knit you a life preserver if need be...your new stash builders are awesome - I love Wollmeise - I am waiting impatiently for my Fratello kit. Can't wait!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great haul! And last weekend was gorgeous so I'm sure it was a great time to go to Napa.

And I think you'll like knitting the Wollmeise. I love just the little bit I've swatched so far.

I got my Fratello kit earlier this week. OMG! Total coolness.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

Yay! You got your Wollmeise! : ) Mine arrived yesterday at my in-laws. Will be picking it up tonight though. I also ordered the Poison No5 and another I forget which. I've been debating whether to get the Fratello kit or not. Maybe if I'm good in Rhinebeck...

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Yummy yarn! One of these days I'll get some Wollmeise. :~)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Gorgeous! Nothing like yarn in the mail to brighten your day! I just ordered that Fratello kit today - gorgeous pattern, and a chance to try Wollmeise - yes!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dying to hear your pilates story!!!!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! love these nice, big! pics of yarn. Nice to come home to I imagine :) Thanks for sharing - I'll have to check out the links!! (I esp. like the Poison in the high intensity!) Terry

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home