Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My New Dresser Gave Me Carpal Tunnel

OK- My old dresser has been broken for about 2 years. It looked like this.

Old Dresser

I bought this one at Ikea about 8 years ago. It's been through 3 moves- one of them being cross country. Not bad for $140. But then, some of the drawers started to stick a little.

The Main Issue

Here's the main problem. The drawers were collapsing in on each other. In the end, all three drawers would open all at once and the dresser would almost tip over. Not so good. The couch has become my dresser. Not so nice for company. It's been unceremoniously carted down to the dumpster.

So here's the new beast. It's a double wide so Brian can have a drawer or two too.

New Dresser

I spent about 3 hours yesterday putting it together. Also from Ikea. Not bad, right? But today, my right wrist is KILLING me. Too many screws in the new dressers. Ouch! It'll be OK in a day or two. I also have a blister on my thumb from the screwdriver. I need an electric one next time.

So today, I did 1,000 loads of laundry and I'm in the process of organizing our closets. Is it weird that this is so gratifying to me???

5 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Nope, not weird at all. In fact, if you need more gratification, you can come over to my house and organize my closets, too. Then we can both be gratified! :)

5:33 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

LOL@chemgirl. And I'll concur, it is not weird. I get such a satisfaction from stuff like this.

7:44 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow, 3 hours for an IKEA anything is pretty darn good:) Sharp Dress(er) Man. You get the song reference? I'm dating myself!:)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

What a great dresser! I knew putting together furniture could be fun, but it's good to know it's dangerous too! ;)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need alcohol to put together ikea stuff

you should have seen it when nat moved over xmas and we hit up ikea..beer was out the power drill was out. we got it all together, but man it is gratifying to do so!

looks nice! ia lso did a billion loads of laundry today! high five

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home