Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Loopy Ewe Strikes Again

There I was. Minding my business. Looking for some Wollmeise on The Loopy Ewe. Of course, they were already sold out. But something else caught my eye- Shibui Knits. Yum! I remembered Valerie's suggestion about making the Anemoi mittens in the Bark and Rapids color way. But by the time I got over to her site (Yarn 4 Socks), those colors were sold out. As luck would have it, Sheri had those very colors in stock. And they landed in my cart.

Shibui Knits Rapids

Rapids. The yarn reminds me of koigu. It's a little thicker and has a definite twist. And so, so soft.

Shibui Knits Bark

Bark. The color is a really nice chocolate brown regardless of the picture. Don't you think they'll look great together????

I've also been curious about the Lane Borgosesia laceweight that Sheri stocks. So I figured while I'm at it, I might as well pick up a skein.

Lane Borgosesia Cashwool Lace

This is the Pearl color. 1460 yards for $14!!!!! And this yarn is soft like a cloud. What a deal! I think I'm going to make the Lily of the Valley Shawl from Lace Style.

Today is the last day of class for a whole week!!!! And it's not even class. We're going to do evals, thank our nurses, and go out for pizza. (and maybe beer!) Today's a good day.

Edited to correct Valerie's name. I'm a freakin' moron! So sorry Valerie! See how much I need this vacation???

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger pamela wynne said...

Oh, those colors will look gorgeous together! One of my favorite combinations. :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Those are going to be some great mittens!! I love the colors together.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

Those 2 colors will look great together. Sorry there were none left of the Bark at yarn4socks when you looked. I'm Valerie, not Vicki by the way ; )

10:43 AM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Oh. my. goodness.
I went over to the Loopy Ewe yesterday, intending to put my credit towards some Woolmeise but they were already out, so I didn't get anything. But these pictures are making me re-think!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Oh man - the Loopy Ewe is deadly, but in the nicest way! Those yarns are going to make beautiful mittens!

Happy last day of classes!

3:28 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

YUMMY! These look so delicious. I just grabbed up a couple skeins of this yarn too - it's so squishy - yarn love. Can't wait to see them knit up - fabulous!

7:27 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oooh, I love the blue and brown together! (sorry, Rapids and Bark. Sounds much better that way.) Such a pretty combination. I have my eye on that Anemoi Mittens pattern, I'll look forward to seeing yours!

6:23 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Looking forward to seeing them - those colours are great together.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heh, I waited too long too on the Bark at Y4S. But I'll wait 'til they re-stock as I like ordering from Valerie & Donna. Besides, I'm 2 packages behind on knitting their sock club patterns.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home