Monday, September 24, 2007

Last Day of Vacay

Wow- I can't believe the week is over all ready. At the same time, it seems like I've been off from school for much longer that 10 days.

So let's talk about what I've been up to...

Chores-
1. Clean house- DONE!!!! My house no longer makes me cringe.
2. Replace my dresser that has been broken for about a year and a half. Done!!! You saw pics of that already.
3. Clean carpet- Done!
4. New tires for the car- Done. The tire guy mentioned how bald they were. Yeah. And he looked at the good one!
5. Get the CD player in the car fixed. I jammed that about a year and a half ago too. I thought I could fix it myself. But I was unsuccessful. I think I may have even made it worse. Oops! So that's one thing still on my to do.
6. Oil change and car wash- The oil change place is on the way to the beach. And I didn't go to the beach. But this is an easy thing to get done.

Fun Stuff-
1. Finish Wicked. Probably tonight.- Done!
2. Get a couple of books spiral bound- Done. This took about 5 minute at Kinko's. And I'm thrilled that I can lay my Sensational Knitted Socks and Bend the Rules Sewing out flat.
3. Get a mani- Done. This is my new quit nail biting strategy. But I picked the worst color EVER. So I had to repaint my nails a few days later. It is helping me to remember to keep my fingers out of my mouth. Every time I see that pretty polish I remember to keep my nails pretty.
4. Sew the Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt Done! It took me about 3 hours this morning to sew it up. I had already cut the pieces out.

Amy Barcelona A line Skirt

I would have given you a modeled shot. But it barely fits me. Time off is bad for my waistline. But it was easy and turned out pretty well. And I LOVE the Amy Butler fabric.

5. Sew a bag from Simple Sewing Done- I did this yesterday in about 5 hours including cutting out the pieces. I know. I'm slow on the sewing.

Every Day Bag

There are a couple of things I'd do differently next time. The bag is really soft and smooshy. It would be great to have a little interfacing or something to keep the bag's shape. I also wouldn't use stretch fabric on the exterior. It puckered a little when I sewed it up.

Everyday Bag

The 2 pockets are really functional. And I love the colors.

Everyday Bag interior

There are even pockets on the inside. And the cute Amy Butler fabric is a little unexpected twist on the inside of the serious grey fabric.

6. Make soap to restock the shop- Done- There's Rose, Lavender Orange, and Heaven coming soon.

I also want to drive around the Bay Area a little this week. I have a couple of solo drives in mind. Sometimes, it's nice to just spend time with yourself.

I only made it on my yarn store excursions. But I did spend a lot of time alone. It's always a good thing for me. I reorganize my thoughts and priorities.

Is this enough BOLD for you?????

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice bags

9:00 PM  
Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

The bag and the skirt are on my list of must-sew. I just bought Sew Simple yesterday and Bind the Rules Sewing is on my must-buy list. The skirt looks great, hopefully you'll be able to wear it soon.

10:53 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

What a productive vacation! I love the skrt and the bag - I need to get my Barcelona skirt cranked out too!:)

4:32 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Nicely done! The fabric is exceptional, and that bag looks so perfect!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I feel very lazy. Thank you. ;-P.

I've got major sewing envy! Great pieces. I love the detail on the inside of the bag. I don't have the patience for measuring and cutting pieces of fabric. My hat tips off to all sewers.

I'm curious as to what you bound at Kinko's, were they soft cover books?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Your fabric choices are gorgeous, the skirt is in one of my favourite colours! I tried to learn to sew but can't seem to find enough time.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the bag and the print on your skirt is very nice.

Vacations are always so nice, but always too short.

PS. You don't know how tempted I was to keep tapmouse's X-mas Dude, but one day I shall have my own!

10:11 AM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

You've had a much more productive time than me;) Absolutely love your Barcelona ckirt and the fabric! Enough to tempt to learn to thread a needle ... just gorgeous!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Girl I am loving that skirt! I wish I knew how to sew:) Good job on that... Oh and the inside of that bag looks marvelous too!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Cute fabric-it almost makes me wish I could sew. ALMOST. I'm curious about the book binding. I didn't know you could do that. What's it cost? Any book?

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home