Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm Just a Frog Machine

Emboldened by the successful frogging and reknit of the Hourglass Sweater into Wicked, I decided it was time to take care of some other unsuccessful knits.

1. Avocado Baudelaire's

Baudelaire's- So far

I actually finished this sock. Bound off. And promptly realized that the sock would just barely go over my foot. The yarn is just too pretty to keep in a pouch while I get up the courage to rip it out and make something that works. So it's gone! Freedom to make something else.

2. Orchid Charade Socks

Orchid Charade- Cuff

Again, love the pattern and the yarn. But I used needles that were too small. The fabric was too thick and the socks resembled a board. Buh-bye! I'll get something else going with this yarn too. It's too pretty to not be happy with the finished product.

I'm learning not to fear frogging. It really gives you the yarn back to make something you'll love forever.

By the way, Wicked is done. I dunked it in some Eucalan and it's laying flat to dry. Pics when and if it dries.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Uh oh a Frog Happy Chicken Knitter! There's almost a feeling of "power" that comes with frogging isn't there? You have to be careful. You frog a couple and you could go frog happy and frog too much. Love the avocado yarn!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

You have inspired me to frog a shawl I started months ago with beautiful pewter linen. The pattern is super boring so I know I will never finish it. The yarn is so lovely, I think it is time for it to rejoin my stash! Thanks!

6:02 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

that was me too - the monkey was at the heel and out it came. I consider myself a better knitter for my ability to frog!!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh my - I love both of these yarns - especially the Avocado :) What is the yarn?

4:47 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Frogging is a knitter's best friend!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home