Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Playing Hookey

Today was one of the best days ever. I got up at 5:15 to head out to clinical rotations. Got to clinical, things were going fine. Around 9:45, my instructor came into my patient's room to tell me she had to talk to me.

All I could think is... Yikes?!?!?! What did I do????? So I finished what I was doing with my patient and went to find my professor. As it turns out, I didn't do anything. The school had called her to let her know her RN license had expired. Since we (as students) are practicing under her license, we had to leave the hospital. This was around 10 am.

Well, what else could we do but go out to breakfast as a group??? It was delicious.

Now, the woman I carpool with is one of the most dedicated students I know. I thought she would want to go home and study. But she turned to me and said, "Do you want to go see a movie?" Hell yeah I do! AND, I have gift certificates for the theater near our house. Suh-weet!

So we head to the theater, Harry Potter is playing in 20 minutes AND it's on the IMAX screen. YAY! The last 20-30 minutes were even 3D. What a great way to see the movie!

When the movie finished, I went to the grocery store, bought some flowers, and headed home for a nap.

Seriously, the best day ever! I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok nell. this has NOTHING to do with yer post. But i was tlaking about smellign stuff today at knit nite with the girls. And when i opened the yarn i bought from your de-stash the envelope smelled so nice. Then i realized the yarn smelled so nice. WHAT WAS THAT? WHY DID IT SMELL SO GOOD? if yer house smells like this i'm coming over to live asap. make room.
xoxox
j

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for playing hookey! I have a date with my sis to see HP later this month.

11:26 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Oh - that's sounds like the perfect day!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it instead of studying.

2:38 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

And you didn't buy a lottery ticket!!!!! Sounds like it was meant to be, all the timings were perfect :-)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

That sounds so lovely! A special little present for you!

12:44 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Damn, good day! And...you just won a contest...somewhere? I'm too lazy to remember where I just saw that. You better by that lottery ticket!

3:58 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

What a great day! And HP in IMAX - NICE! That might be on my agenda this weekend!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home