Sunday, August 19, 2007

A New Start

I don't think I've ever shown off my first sweater. That's probably because there's not much to bragging to be done. Yes, it's a completed garment with two equal arms. It fits me. Kind of. But it's just not quite right.

Hourglass Sweater

See? It's just kind of... blah. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a lovely silvery beige color. But I think it's too plain for the pattern I knit- Hourglass sweater from LMKG. I love that pattern. It's just plain. It was a perfect first sweater. It taught me a lot. But I've never worn this sweater in public or even for more than an hour. And I could never get the neckline to fit well.

So I ripped it out yesterday. The yarn is getting a new start as this...

Wicked

The cable details are keeping this a little more interesting. And I think I've learned a lot in the last year and a half that'll make this go around a little better. Hopefully, a lot better.

Spoiler alert!!!

Yarn Pirate- Calamity

The new Yarn Pirate Booty Club installation- Calamity. Love it!

Finally, I know I usually do a goals update on Sunday but I've been slacking big time in that department. So, I'm getting a new start this week on those as well.

Back to studying...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it's more sweater then I've completed. :~)
Wicked is on my list. I want to do mine is Malabrigo which is why I've never started it....can't afford it. Hopefully with hubby's raise I'll be able to get the yarn. Who wouldn't want a sweater knit out of yummy soft Malabrigo. :~)

7:04 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

spoiler for sure... now really want mine!!!!
I did the same with the first real sweater I knit myself - just haven't started anything else with the yarn yet.

7:52 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I admire your bravery and think you'll be so much happier with the new sweater, already it is more eye-catching:) I am dying to try the Wicked Pattern - long sleeves or short? In any case - fab-u-lous! Also, kicking myself in the booty again for missing out on Pirate!

8:02 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

That's so brave of you to frog your first finished sweater! You're a stronger knitter then I...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I hope for the day when it'll be no big deal ripping out an entire sweater. Kudos to you. :)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Wow! I'm very proud of you! That yarn definitely deserves a fancier pattern, and I think your reknit will be awesome.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call on the sweater. It looked nice but for sure that yarn will looke amazing worked into a more intricate pattern!

I got my calamity skein too! Love it!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home