Saturday, August 25, 2007

If you're not Dutch, you're not much

Don't be offended, it's just what we say in my hometown of Holland, Michigan where everyone is Dutch. And they have an annual Tulip Festival. Maybe I was thinking about my heritage this week when I went shopping on Etsy.

Dutch Kiss Necklace

Cute little Dutch kiss necklace from ReyNey. It's about an inch long and came with a nice chain.

Sand Dollar Charm

And she sent this as a freebie. How cute is that?!?!? The Dutch are notoriously frugal. So you know I love a freebie!

Dutch Girl Onesies

No one in my family or friends are pregnant right now. But I couldn't resist these onesies. They're hand embroidered from a modern home. For now, I'll have to tuck them away for future little girls.

And just to prove I thought about knitting a little this week. Check out the stitch markers I got from Entrelac.

Entrelac Stitchmarkers

They are Alphas and Omegas. I love their sculptural simplicity.

And last night, I came home to a great package on my doorstep. The August installment of the Rockin' Sock Club!

STR Lightweight- Flower Power

STR Lightweight in Flower Power. I have to start knitting on these socks. I'm in 4 or 5 sock clubs and I haven't knit any of the kits!!! What a bad sock club member.

Thanks for all the encouragement about ripping out the Hourglass Sweater. It hurt a little but it was worth it to make something that I'm really liking so far. I'll have progress pics tomorrow. And Peaknit tagged me for a meme. I'm thinking of random things and I'll have those tomorrow as well.

Now, I have to go pick up my car from the body shop. YAY!!!! The insurance company finally agree to fix the car instead of totaling it. Thank goodness Brian can be a jerk when he needs to be.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally went to hope college for a year! granted, it was in 95-96, but still!!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I am liking this installment of STR too - it seems like a windfall of sock clubs every other month...and then nothing. Hard to get hem all knit up though - good luck! And your home town is only a State away - I knew you were a midwestern girl:)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I just found your blog about something you purchased in my store! Yay! Hugs! Renee

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home