Sunday, August 12, 2007

I know. I know.

I'm supposed to be talking about goals since it's Sunday. I'm also supposed to be doing laundry, reading, and doing a math test for school. There are a lot of supposed to's today. But I'm not really wanting to do any of them. Honestly, I just want to watch Tiger play golf and knit on my new sock.

I cast on yesterday for a Charade sock from I May Be Knitting A Ranch House. A very clever pattern that's easy to memorize and shows off varigated yarn nicely.

Orchid Charade- Cuff

This is the start of my Charades in merino cashmere from The Knittery. This is the orchid colorway. I know Sheri has this yarn at The Loopy Ewe and it is positively delicious! It's soft and fuzzy without losing stitch definition. And the color. OH! The color!!!! I love how it looks in the skein. I love how it looks in the ball. And I really love how it's knitting up.

I was able to cast on a new sock because I finally finished my Chevron Scarf!

Chevron Scarf- Done

Pattern: Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock- 1 skein each of Vera and Devon
Needles: Addi Turbo Size 5
Started: 3/24/2007
Finished: 8/11/2007
I have the fixin's for a couple more of these. I really hope they don't take me 5 months each to finish.

Chevron Scarf- Roll

This one lagged on the needles for awhile. It's one of those things were I got tired of it but really liked it at the same time. Finally, I just had to get off of my butt and knit!

Finally, I'd like to thank Jen over at Piddleloop for giving me an honorable mention as a Rockin' Girl Blog! Jen, you made my day!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

I love the Charade pattern too - just enough to make it look a little "fussy" - but easy to memorize. And your scarf - it's beautiful - great color choices! And you do rock!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, the yarn is gorgeous! I can't wait to try some of that for myself.

I don't like golf, but my husband has been watching all weekend. Weird to think it's actually taking place a mile from my house!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well of course cause you rock. and you rock some tastey beer!


sock looks great byt he way, as does the chevreon scarf

2:45 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Its all gorgeous!!! I love how the socks are knitting up (that yarn is gorgeous and that pattern is on my to-knit list) and the Chevron Scarf is just fabulous. Great job!!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charade is on my to do....what sock pattern isn't! :~)
I love the sock color and your Chevron Scarf....gorgeous.

7:31 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

The scarf looks great! And that yarn...I want some.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmm! Yummylicious Knittery sock yarn!

And congrats on finishing your Chevron Scarf. Awesome combo of colors!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

O.K. so its alright to slack off sometimes to do something relaxing that you obviously enjoy:)

LOVE the new yarn --I've been itching to try that Knittery yarn.

Also, the Chevron scarf came out lovely:)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Absolutely fantastic. I love the colors. Have fun with the new socks.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the chervon scarf!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I love your color choice on the chevron scarf. It's vibrant!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home