Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Fall Down. Go Boom!

I fell off the wagon big time today. This is a pic heavy post. Sorry!

I had the day off from school. So I had lunch with a friend from my old job and caught up on all the gossip. Then, I went to Yarn, Paper, Scissors. I heard about this store from the Bay Area Knitters Group on Ravelry. What a great store!!!! Colorful, well lit, full of yarn, paper, and fabric.

Well, I left relatively unscathed with 2 yards of this...

Amy Butler Fabric for skirt

To make this...

Amy Butler Skirt Project

I've been wanting to try this pattern for awhile. And since it was there staring me in the face, well, I gave in.

Since I was on the peninsula and Nine Rubies was only a mile or two away, I popped over there. On the way I made a deal with myself that I would only go in if there was a parking spot. Of course, there was a spot right in front of the store. Shoot! Now I HAD to go in! This is such a cute store too. And the people working there are super helpful. Here's where I made the fatal mistake, I picked up a skein of malabrigo. It was all over. The delicious soft yarn sucked me in.

I think this...

Malabrigo- Sapphire Green

and this...

Malabrigo- Continental

Will make a nice scarf and hat set. So, so soft!

Finally, I scored some Zuluknitty from Scout before she went on vacation...

Scout's Swag- Zuluknitty

Aren't the colors great?!?!?!?!

I'm so glad that I don't have too many days off!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall Down....Go Boom....but what a happy way to fall! I can't wait to get this move over with so I can get a few skeins from Scout and some Malabrigo.

1:52 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Pretty stuff! I love that fabric. I need to go find some Malabrigo in "real" life (I've only ever seen it on line) and see what everyone's raving about.

1:58 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

When you fall of the wagon you make it count! I have that Barcelona skirt pattern too with a couple of yards of coriander washed and ironed - it's so sweet! And the yarn, iyiyiyi - I need some of that zuluknitty and the malabrigo colors are fabulous!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the parking gods were definitely!! working for you that day! Those are such nice colors, ummm, Malabrigo. Thanks for the link to Y,P, S - love new places to check out. Terry

6:49 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oooo! I LOVE that skirt pattern. Hmm, I may have to drag the sewing machine out of retirement.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Great score! You fall off the wagon hard...ahahaha. But hey what am I talking about? I can't even get on the wagon.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ah, I loves tales of shopping sprees!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Gorgeous yarns! I love malabrigo - it's so unearthily soft! I resisted some of it in laceweight yesterday, but I might have to go back...

9:12 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

That fabric is GORGEOUS!!

3:56 AM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

I have that skirt pattern - I'm dying to have some time to try it out. The fabric you bought is perfect.

Isn't malabrigo amazing? I just got some for the first time - love it!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home