Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm Still Waiting...

It's been a hell of a week. In fact, I slept for 12 hours last night to compensate. I had a really interesting patient this week. He is cooperative, fun to joke around with, and I learned a lot which is really the best part. I did have to wipe a butt (not his). This is an important right of passage in nursing. Write it down. On July 18, 2007, I wiped my first butt as a nurse.

Here's a picture of part of my group as we left the hospital on Thursday.

1st Clinical

L to R: Tiffany, Martha, Me, and Colleen. Don't we almost glow???? Notice I'm the only white shoe holdout. Mine are white and navy. An important distinction I think.

The first installment of the Yarn Pirate Booty Club reached my doorstep earlier this week.

Yarn Pirate- Rumrunner

Rumrunner. So pretty. Georgia also included a small bar of soap from The Knitting Philistine. Yummy! I'm thrilled with this club so far.

I have to put in another plug for paperbackswap.com. Check out the loot I've been able to amass.

The Bounty Of PaperBackSwap

From top to bottom: The Memory Keeper's Daughter, Snow Falling on Cedars, Midwives, Life of Pi, The Red Tent, and The Historian. I'm late to the party on lots of these. And I really don't know when I'll get to them. But I'm glad I got them while sending out some books I'm done with. What a great idea!

Of course, the one book I'm waiting on isn't here yet. I'm giving UPS until 5 pm. Then I'm going to Target for a copy. Meanwhile, I'm trying really hard to not read anything about it!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

Ohmigosh, The Red Tent is my favorite book ever. It's amazing. Read that one first!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you guys look great in that picture. I don't think i could do the white shoe thing. There has to be some sort of color in there. Preferably orange.
!!!
y'all look awesome!

2:20 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I love paperbackswap! IT rocks! I own the four top books on your pile - great mind. Congratulations on wiping a bottom, it' a rite of passage.

Love the rum runner Pirate, I'm a dummy!:)

3:45 PM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

OH! I hope you like the soap... I know you're a soap-maker yourself, so I know you're more able to judge quality than non-soapers... the YP yarn is TO DIE for, don't you think? So different from her usual color scheme.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I think you've totally earned whatever time you spend reading HP! Y'all do look awfully chic in those white scrubs though!

11:29 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Midwives, Life of Pi and The Red Tent are among my favorite books of all time! What great scores!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't be the last butt you'll ever wipe! I'll never forget this man who was completely capable of wiping himself. Independent. And he asked me to wipe him. I said "Well, I'll help brace you, but you can do it yourself." He said "Maam, you put my IV in my right hand. I've never used my left hand, and I don't plan to start now!" Uhm, ok.

I hate white scrubs, and our hospital is changing it's dress code to include white scrubs as an RN requirement. Luckily, I'm switching to recovery in a week where I'll get to wear blue!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home