Sunday, July 29, 2007

Goals Update- Week 29

First and foremost today... I have an FO!!!!! Can you believe it? I almost forgot how to spell FO.

Unfortunately, I don't have the greatest pictures. But here's the best of what I took.

Clapotis- Done

Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: BMFA STR Heavyweight in Lucy- 2 full skeins and about 3 ounces of the 3rd.
Needles: KnitPicks Options Size 8, 5 mm
Mods: I made did 5 more repeats than the pattern called for. I wanted the scarf to be nice and long. It came out a little too long but that's OK.

Clapotis- Close up

Closeup of the color. Love, love, love the color. AND since this is sock yarn, it technically counts against my totals for the Lime & Violet sock yarn marathon. Although, that technically ended on the 15th. I'm 80% to my 2 miles. So pretty much I didn't make it in any way, shape, or form. Shocking, I know.

1. Thin for Thirty- I stayed steady this week. This is a minor miracle considering what I've eaten. That's all there really is to say about that. I know what I did wrong and I know what I can do better. So this week, I'll try to be better.

2. Knit from the Stash- I told you last week that I had used a little of the money I made clearing out the stash on ebay to order from BMFA. That package came today.

STR Lightweight- Tanzanite

STR lightweight- Tanzanite. It's more purple than this picture. I couldn't get the color right.

STR Lightweight- Lucy in the Sky

STR lightweight- Lucy in the Sky

STR Lightweight- Backstabber

STR lightweight- Backstabber

They are delicious. And, since my overall yardage went down, I don't feel like I added to my stash. How's that for justification???

School was really interesting this week. I gave my first shot and put in my first catheter. I feel more and more like a nurse everyday. (Although, I still have plenty of moments when I'm sure I'm an idiot!)

Nothing much else is going on. I did see Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. Worst.Ending.EVER. I had read on someone's blog that the ending sucked. (I can't remember who's blog.) Awful. The rest of the movie was twisted and somewhat interesting. But the ending stunk so much I had to pan it on Netflix. That'll teach me to ignore the advice of a knit blogger.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

hehe. Might have been me complaining about that movie. The giant orgie at the end was actually the most interesting part, but even than, not that good.

Love the clapotis with the Lucy.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ah, gorgeous Clapotis. I love those colors too, and it looks great with the pattern. Nice!

4:34 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

GORGEOUS!!! I just love that colorway and to see it knit up in a clapotis! Fabulous!! Great job!! I'm so inspired to make another clapotis, this time in STR!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Clapotis looks great....I want that colorway.
Oh I love love love the STR colorways that you bought. BMFA keeps tempting me with new colorways. I can't wait to have my stash money back. :~)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love the colours in your clapotis - so pretty! Now we want a picture of you wearing it...

5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You Clapotis looks awesome! I love this pattern.

I'm gearing up for my own big STR buy and Backstabber's on my list. Yours looks great. Interesting your Tanzanite looks more blue-ish purple than red-purple on the website (screen differences disclaimer blah, blah, blah).

10:02 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Holy CRAP! Perfume is a book that I LOVE! I had no idea they made a crappy movie out of it! I'll believe you about the ending but I'll still watch it because I liked the book so much!

Your Clapotis is beautiful. Great colors.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

It sounds like you're doing pretty well on your goals! Keep it up! I'm sure that lovely Clapotis will help inspire...

4:16 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

oooo so pretty...

Catheters AND knitting! Personally, when we were in the onc. unit, I always had much more confidence in the nurses who were doing handwork during the quiet, wee hours of the morning--rather than the ones who wasted time reading magazines.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home