Sunday, July 22, 2007

Goals Update- Week 28

I'm done! The book arrived at 4 pm. And I read almost continuously until midnight when Brian insisted I go to sleep. I reluctantly obliged even though I only had 175 pages to go. By 11 this morning, I was done! I really liked the book. It wasn't completely what I had expected which was great. And it'll absolutely require a second reading.

1. Thin for Thirty- I lost 3 pounds this week! And I'm 2 pounds below my January starting weight. My progress bar on the side bar can now start the countdown. I haven't been as good as I was a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to find a good balance. But so far, so good. Combining the Ultra simple diet with weight watchers has helped me with balance. The Ultra simple plan gives me a good (but strict) framework for what to eat. And then, I can add a yogurt or more fruit by using the weight watchers on my PDA. Having to enter what I eat somewhere is totally keeping me honest.

2. Knit from the Stash- I fell down a little this week. I took some of the money I had in my paypal account and bought 3 skein of STR lightweight in Backstabber, Lucy in the Sky, and Tanzanite. Since I bought this yarn from selling other yarn, it's more like replacing instead of shopping. Sort of.

Brian bought a new car today. We've been talking about it for 3 months or so. He's been driving a 1993 Honda Del Sol. It's served us well but it's starting to wear out. And with 2 cars that can only hold 2 people, it's not that practical. So he upgraded to this in Silver. It's so nice. I'm jealous and I can't wait to be able to upgrade my car. Hopefully insurance will just let us fix it pretty soon. They are totally dragging their feet.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I picked up "The Beck Diet Solution" last week. It's meant to work in connection with a weight loss plan and teaches you how to change your mindset so you lose the weight and keep the weight off. As a lifetime Weight Watchers member who's now 15 pounds over goal weight, it looks pretty helpful.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yay new car! I've been admiring the new models of the CRV around. They are much stylish than they were years ago!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Congrats on the weight loss. It is a hard battle that I can totally relate to. I find that knitting is really helpful with that battle. Everytime I want to buy "bad" food I think, "how much yarn could I buy for the same amount?" :)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home