Sunday, July 15, 2007

Goals Update- Week 27

This was a very good but very busy week. I have midterm exams (AGAIN!) this coming week. So a lot of studying was done this weekend. I have to give a head to toe physical exam on Tuesday. That'll be interesting.

1. Thin for Thirty- I lost another 4 pounds this week!! I'm this close to being at my January weight. I think I finally found something that works for me. The Ultra simple diet consists of eating vegetables, brown rice, and lean protein. It is ultra simple. I didn't follow it perfectly. I didn't make it into that lavender scented bath every night but overall, I'm really happy with the results. I'm going to give it another shot this week. Hopefully, I can keep up this pace. Unfortunately, I haven't been as careful this weekend. But that's OK. It's what is going to keep me sane. I even worked out twice this week.

2. Knit from the Stash- I have 3 more repeats until the decrease rows. YAY! I'm so close. Stupid midterms getting in the way of my knitting time! But I did hear that the Yarn Pirate Booty Club ships on Monday. YAY!!!

I've been doing a lot of sleeping and studying this weekend. (thanks, Peaknit for your prescription for rest!) Last week was a tough one. But it was also great. I'm working with cool patients. There isn't a TON to do because I'm on a neuro rehab floor so the patients are encouraged to do a lot for themselves. But they have interesting disease processes. Lots of patients with strokes and some motor vehicle accidents. They are stable and in the process of relearning how to do activities of daily living (ADL's). It's a cool process but not that great for baby nurses like us.

I'll try to get a picture of me in my super cool uniform of all white scrubs. It's pretty hot!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Good for you on the weight loss effort especially!! Each week it seems like those pounds are coming off!! Great job!

have a great week! I'm excited to get the booty this week too!! My first yarn pirate....and a lot is due to the pretty pics you are always showing on your blog :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Hey - if you've found a diet that can also keep you going through a ton of school, I think you've found a winner! Good luck with more midterms!

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the weight lose. :~) Sounds like you've been extremely busy.
The booty club shipment shipped out today....not without a hitch from what I read. Georgia talked about it on her blog....crazy!
Good luck on your midterms.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home