Sunday, July 08, 2007

Goals Update- Week 26

Blogger is apparently not allowing for titles today. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue.

1. Thin for Thirty- I lost 2 pounds!!! Still about 5 above my starting weight in January. But it's progress! This past week I've been taking my Alli and eating more thoughtfully. I haven't had any "treatment effects" until this morning. But I was asking for it when I make BLT's for lunch yesterday. (only 1 sadnwich and no mayo) This will sound weird but I'm kind of glad I had this happen. I was starting to think I got a placebo bottle! The only thing I'm noticing about Alli is that I'm so aware of how much fat I'm eating that I'm increasing my intake of carbs. I think this is leading me to eating too many calories even though I'm being really aware of my fat intake. Last week, I paired Alli with weight watchers. They have a PDA version that links to the WW website. So I keep track of what I eat all day on my palm and sync it up to their site. Pretty cool.

Starting today, I'm going to do the Ultra Simple Diet. I know this sounds like dieting ADD. But I needed to spend a week really aware of what I ate to prepare for this much stricter week. Basically, I get to eat as many vegetables as I want with 1/2 cup brown rice and 4 ounces of lean protein at 1 meal a day. For snacks, you drink vegetable broth. It doesn't sound like much but vegetables are pretty much unlimited. At the end of the day, you take a 20 minute bath with Epsom salts and lavender oil to relax, recharge, and reflect on the day. I'll keep you posted. I do have to go to the grocery store today to pick up some of the things I need to make the broth. Until that happens, canned chicken broth will do. I don't think I'll be taking Alli at 3 meals a day this week. It just doesn't make sense if there's little or no fat in my meals. But I will keep track on WW. This is probably the best habit for me to pick up. Keeping track of what I eat really helps me realize when I'm just mindlessly putting food in my mouth.

One last thing- I promise this won't become a dieting blog.

2. Knit from the stash- I find it very easy not to buy yarn when I don't have time to knit. I already have so many projects planned but not started, it's tough to imagine adding to the list. I did pass the 1/2 way point on my Clapotis! I'm so loving the way it's coming out. The STR heavyweight is going to be warm but the drape is fantastic. And the Lucy colorway is too pretty!

Although, I would love a skein of this from Scout J. But I will resist!

And now for my random thoughts:

Also, if you have the Outdoor Life Network, the Tour de France coverage is so pretty. I mean the cycling is cool. But the scenery is amazing!

In school last week we learned to give injections. It was quite a day with everyone sticking everyone else. But we're starting to feel like real nurses. This week we head into the hospital. I'm so excited. I found out we're going to be on a neuro-rehab floor. So people who are recovering from strokes and motor vehicle accidents with head trauma. Very interesting cases with a lot to learn from each.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

When you're losing weight, anything that keeps you motivated is a good thing. Plus, switching up your diet will decrease your chances of plateauing.

I'm curious about this ultra simple diet. Might check it out at the book store.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way I see it it's your blog and if you want to stray from knitting, stray away. :~) I like it because it makes you a real person to me instead of some drone typing stuff on a sterile blog.
Oh the colors from Scout I'd love to buy. If I could pick two out to buy today I'd go with ZuluKnitty & Kill Bill.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home