Sunday, July 01, 2007

Goals Update- Week 25

Wow, it's been a few days since I posted. I made it through my first term at school. New classes start tomorrow which include me heading into the hospital 3 days a week. And I have lots of reading to do.

1. Thin for Thirty- I bought a couple of things to help me get this going again- The Ultra Simple Diet and Alli. You've probably heard a lot about Alli. It's an FDA approved fat blocker. But if you don't change your eating habits, really unpleasant "treatment effects" occur. (mostly related to bathroom issues) So I'm using it as a training device to remind myself not to eat too much fat. And I'm going to do the 7 day Ultra Simple plan next week which includes eating a lot of vegetables, vegetable broth, and a nightly bath. I need a week to get everything prepared. This might sound a little extreme. But I really need to get headed in the right direction. And I only have 2 months to make significant progress before my birthday. I assure you, I'm not being unhealthy. And I will continue to eat. I'm just going to really focus on healthy habits.

2. Knit from my stash- No yarn purchased since school started! But I am getting sock club deliveries. Just like Peaknit, I might need a sock club intervention!

First, from Scout's Swag...

Scout's Swag- Kizkalesi

Kizkalesi. I love this deep teal color. And there's a pattern from Cookie A. included!!!! Very nice swag!

Next, The Petals Collection from Sundara...

Sundara- Grape Hyacinth

Grape Hyacinth. The pattern that goes with this one is really cool too. There's cables and little sections that look like bunches of grapes.

STR Club for June....



Oh yeah! This one got sent to my old office. And I'm sorting it out with the BMFA ladies. I'm sure it'll get figured out one way or another.


Thanks for all your help on the destash! There's still some things left...

And Happy July! Have a safe and fun holiday!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

Oooh, I love that skein of Scout's. I need a change from variegated and that is gorgeous stuff!

I'm doing Atkins this month (ugh..but it works) to drop 10 lbs before a summer wedding. I'm interested to see how Alli works for you. It's too spendy for me right now, but after the bar I might look into it.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in school. :~)
My hubby is doing the Fat Smash Diet by Dr. Ian. He's dropped 20lbs in the past 8 weeks or so.
Love the new sock yarns. I love Scouts yarn....she's such a talented dyer.

11:32 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I would love to be your sponsor - or wait, I am an addict - nevermind. Good luck with the healthy eating - with your busy schedule that can be the biggest challenge. I like the idea of a nightly bath to slow you down after a busy day!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Lovely wool pictures
Suzie Sews

3:22 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I would love to hear an update of the Alli and the Ultrasimple Diet - I'm curious about both:)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home